DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why are all of the lipo safe bags so oversized?

Budge

Reactions
I bought a couple of lipo safe bags to fly with my Fly More Combo. I noticed while shopping on Amazon that they all looked way to big. The ones that I bought are for single batteries, but I can actually squeeze both batteries into one bag (though that's probably not safe). I certainly will not be able to put my batteries in their lipo safe bags and fit them back into the the Fly More Combo bag. Why so they make them so big?

I bought a couple of lipo safe bags to fly with my Fly More Combo. I noticed while shopping on Amazon that they all looked way to big. The ones that I bought are for single batteries, but I can actually squeeze both batteries into one bag (though that's probably not safe). I certainly will not be able to put my batteries in their lipo safe bags and fit them back into the the Fly More Combo bag. Why so they make them so big?
Perhaps if there is an explosion they are slightly over sized to contain it (and you would not want them so tight they act as insulators. Just a thought.

Anyone actually tested them? Do they actually help in case of fire? Me thinks a lot of this stuff is simply made because it sells.

1. Make something lined with foil so it looks mysteriously high-tech.
2. Put it on Amazon.
3. ???
4. PROFIT

Fireproof Lipo Battery Safe Guard Pouch Bag Protective Case for DJI Mavic Pro DY | eBay

I bought 2 of these and the battery fits nice and snug.

Never had one and probably never will
But in my opinion it shouldn't be snug as the battery will swell before it explodes or catches fire

Reactions: Fortnight
Never had one and probably never will
But in my opinion it shouldn't be snug as the battery will swell before it explodes or catches fire

These bags are made from a material so if a battery did swell there would be give in the bag.I don't know how well they work and hope not to find out but when I traveled in September the airport security were happy to see them in use.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929