DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why Auto landing started when controller disconnected and i was not in NFZ

sky_ozone

Reactions
I was taking some photographs , may be because of faulty cable controller got disconnected. AC was hovering, then i restarted my RC to connect again. Then i pressed right stick to land, that point i can Force landing started. But before i started my force landing, Auto landing started.

1. Is this an error?
2. Is this a feature because i was hovering above homepoint ?
3. Why RTH was not initiated ? Again is this because i was hovering above home point?
4. Why RC disconnection is not showing in log

In the Second incident, I was in Authorisation zone. I unlocked it and took off, it was night and again AC got disconnected. No trace of RC connection in the log and also Auto landing started, but I can not see that in the log.

Probably a stupid question, but if you go to Aircraft menu >> Advanced settings >> RC Signal Lost
What is it set to?

3. Why RTH was not initiated ? Again is this because i was hovering above home point?
From memory if within 25 meters of home point, AC will simply land, not RTH.

A cable disconnect (between your phone and the remote controller) does not trigger RTH since the aircraft still has a connection with the remote controller.

As for RTH behavior; it is all in the manual. You might want to read it.
Screenshot_2019-05-12 Mavic 2 Pro Zoom User Manual_v1 0 pdf.png

Both of these are a case of reading the manual. It states clearly how the landing system works within close distances to the home point.

Both those logs show you within 8ft of the home point so its doing exactly what it should do.

Also a dodgy cable or broken app is NOT a loss of signal - the RC will still be in contact with the drone and as such no lost signal RTH will initiate. The logs clearly show this.

Reactions: Madmax229
Both of these are a case of reading the manual. It states clearly how the landing system works within close distances to the home point.

Both those logs show you within 8ft of the home point so its doing exactly what it should do.

Also a dodgy cable or broken app is NOT a loss of signal - the RC will still be in contact with the drone and as such no lost signal RTH will initiate. The logs clearly show this.
He did restart the controller in an attempt to reconnect the app.

He did restart the controller in an attempt to reconnect the app.

Which is a strange thing to do. But also why it landed where it was - its doing exactly what its programmed to do and what the manual says it'll do.

RTH was initiated at some point after 3m 35s in the flight log. Since the aircraft was close to the home point, it auto landed at its current location (as designed).

The TXT flight log only contains data from the downlink. When the downlink drops (like at 3m 35s), you won't see more data until the downlink reconnects (like at 4m 27.5s).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute