DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why bring up drones?

DDS

Approved Vendor
Reactions
So an rc car smuggles drugs across the border and the fake news media mentions a drone fiasco from August 2017
Leave us alone already! we get enough bad press out there and they don’t need to circle back to 2017

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I understand the sensitivity, but the relationship between the two events (both remote controlled vehicles) is real. I don't see anything inaccurate in that report. And it's really unfortunate how much the term "fake news media" has become just a convenient derogatory for any news reporting that someone dislikes or disagrees with.

I understand the sensitivity, but the relationship between the two events (both remote controlled vehicles) is real. I don't see anything inaccurate in that report. And it's really unfortunate how much the term "fake news media" has become just a convenient derogatory for any news reporting that someone dislikes or disagrees with.
Well said, we need to keep politics off this site.

Anyways, with the availability of GPS enabled remote control units and autonomous control kits , this type of thing has been done with large scale model planes and even autonomous boats before.

Noted...your point is valid

Unfortunately this is the hostile environment we live in and became the norm. Was not saying is inaccurate and yes the common denominator is the rc part. However I really don’t see the need to bring drones into the mix other than to boost the article in googles algorithm. You can find thousands of articles regarding people doing very stupid things w drones

Noted...your point is valid

Unfortunately this is the hostile environment we live in and became the norm. Was not saying is inaccurate and yes the common denominator is the rc part. However I really don’t see the need to bring drones into the mix other than to boost the article in googles algorithm. You can find thousands of articles regarding people doing very stupid things w drones

A quick search reveals that numerous news sites (in fact all the ones that I found that covered this story which ranged from CNN to Fox News and Breitbart) reported the similarity to the previous drone incident. And they almost all stated that the comparison was in the official Border Patrol statement on the event. This was accurate reporting, not an attempt to manipulate anything.

This picture was taken from the article. Anyone know who makes this drone, or is it custom? Looks like 6 batteries? 3 FPV antenna's? The article mentions 13.44 pound payload, so that could hold a substantial camera. I should pay more attention to the police auctions, but some items the police destroy so the drug dealers can't buy it back.
DJIdroneservice has skin in the game, so I understand the sensitivity to new articles that mention 2 year old events. I wouldn't call the MSM on this one fake news, but maybe more like an ex-wife who never forgets.1574342426803.png

Reactions: DDS
There is no doubt our American news agencies like to produce stories that vilify drones and the hobby/business. It makes for sensationalism. I see Lester Holt on NBC News every three months or so, talking about these evil drones and how dangerous they are and how something more needs to be done to regulate them. Then I watch the next story with aerial shots that were taken by there own Inspire 2 drones.

This picture was taken from the article. Anyone know who makes this drone, or is it custom? Looks like 6 batteries? 3 FPV antenna's? The article mentions 13.44 pound payload, so that could hold a substantial camera. I should pay more attention to the police auctions, but some items the police destroy so the drug dealers can't buy it back.
DJIdroneservice has skin in the game, so I understand the sensitivity to new articles that mention 2 year old events. I wouldn't call the MSM on this one fake news, but maybe more like an ex-wife who never forgets.View attachment 86130

DJI M600 series of Hexcopter.

DJI M600 series of Hexcopter.

You don’t need that to make good aerial movies, you just need the right camera!889B0BB4-D598-455C-81AE-6B95E72B4FB5.jpeg

Last edited:
It's a pretty well known fact that there is actually about 12 minutes of actual new news a day and we have countless channels reporting the latest story 24 hours a day. What would you do if you had to come up with that stuff? What I do as the intended recipient..is to just ignore it. I read forums instead;)

Reactions: Clockman and DDS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo