DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why Complain About DJI and Mavic?

I agree with you, it's a great device. I also understand how those who have had issues would complain. I've not had any issues (outside of focusing challenges) with my Mavic.

My wish is that the camera was as good as the one on my P3P.

[QUOTE="Hauptmann, post: 257137, member: 12407"]I'm starting to lose patience with all the complaining about DJI and the Mavic. I think DJI really knocked it out of the park with the Mavic. First try, too.

Am I alone? Anybody else want to chime in?[/QUOTE]
You think you are eh ;)
I've not had any more issue's with my mavic than I have with any of my other birds and agree on the camera and I do stay up- to-date on everything . Has flown great since I got it in December and I fly alot .

I'm starting to lose patience with all the complaining about DJI and the Mavic.

What complaints specifically are you tired of? Your statement is just to general.

Edit: An example of a complaint I have is the Android version of the app (it's part of the Mavic). It crashes a few times during any flight. Kind of annoying when you are attempting to control an expensive piece of hardware and you lose a good portion of that control. There has been no indication from DJI that they are looking into this matter.

Is this the type of complaint that we should not post about?

I'm a rookie at all this (Mavic is my first bird) but after flying it for about 12 hours now, I have to say it's one of the most remarkable technological achievements I've seen in the past 5-7 years. I knew nothing about quads, drones, etc., and I was up and flying withing a few hours of reading up and watching videos, etc. I show my friends and family this thing and they are all, to a man (and woman) blown away by it. As a tech professional, the only thing I can liken it to is when the first iPhone came out and showing that to people who still had flip phones.

I realize that for experienced pilots and photographers, I'm sure there are issues that I am not even aware of yet. But for the uninitiated and rookie pilot, it is a masterpiece of tech innovation and design.

Had a p2 and not an ounce of trouble. Mavic is shaping up to be that same but even better. I think dji puts out an amazing product. Some of the complaints are because of loose screws.... behind the controls.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Mavic Pro is an astonishingly capable, flying machine. Thank you Wright brothers for your beginnings.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Most people who are complaining, either have a legitimate technical problem with their equipment, or a legitimate issue with their (DJI) overbearing nanny policies, as it affects their ability to use their legally purchased equipment.

Since you are on a forum where people generally are trying to get relief or advice for their issues, it might seem as if it is an abundance of complaining, but you are not hearing from the tens of thousands of happy users.

Well
Most people who are complaining, either have a legitimate technical problem with their equipment, or a legitimate issue with their (DJI) overbearing nanny policies, as it affects their ability to use their legally purchased equipment.

Since you are on a forum where people generally are trying to get relief or advice for their issues, it might seem as if it is an abundance of complaining, but you are not hearing from the tens of thousands of happy users.

Well said.

I'm starting to lose patience with all the complaining about DJI and the Mavic. I think DJI really knocked it out of the park with the Mavic. First try, too.

Am I alone? Anybody else want to chime in?
You will always have the ****** people and arm-chair engineers who will never be satisfied. It is a great product, I just wish it was designed and made in a country other than China. Quality control and technical support suffer considerably as a result.

I’d like to chime in and say that it seems like most people do not complain, but rather praise the Mavic. That is if you read the right posts or listening to the right people:). The nature of all forums is to address issues, so there will always be post bias negativity.

I have convinced more than a couple to buy the Mavic. But then again also addressed some issues with the video quality, which I think should be better for a drone in the 1k+ marked. Not that the quality is terrible, but IMHO a bit underwhelming and by far the only true weaknes it got. I believe, from experience, that the codec can be better with a software update. That is why I bring it up from time to time. Hoping DJI is listening. Complain? Maybe, but justified IMHO.

You can complain but still love a product.

I am stoked to have the mavic and find it a marvel - but it is still totally reasonable to try and hold DJI to account for what, do on the face of it, seem to be straight forward errors of judgement.

1) The android app - it has terrible meta review scores and far too many people raising the same issues over and over again. it really is distressing to lose the app mid flight and presumably with more investment it could / should have been fixed.

2) The nannying side of things - the way they implement some safety features (re NFZ) leaves a lot to be desired. People have lost drones because of a simple lack of common sense on DJI's part.

3) Stupid stuff like releasing crystal sky... marketing it to Mavic users... but failing to provide a working battery charger in the box. This is totally unacceptable in other fields - but they get away with it.

4) Customer service - again - lack of investment and a will to improve seems to be the order of the day.

So yeah - love the mavic. But even the biggest fan boys would struggle to justify the DJI stance on these 4 big points. Complain away!

Reactions: Marc.Lip
You can complain but still love a product.

I am stoked to have the mavic and find it a marvel - but it is still totally reasonable to try and hold DJI to account for what, do on the face of it, seem to be straight forward errors of judgement.

1) The android app - it has terrible meta review scores and far too many people raising the same issues over and over again. it really is distressing to lose the app mid flight and presumably with more investment it could / should have been fixed.

2) The nannying side of things - the way they implement some safety features (re NFZ) leaves a lot to be desired. People have lost drones because of a simple lack of common sense on DJI's part.

3) Stupid stuff like releasing crystal sky... marketing it to Mavic users... but failing to provide a working battery charger in the box. This is totally unacceptable in other fields - but they get away with it.

4) Customer service - again - lack of investment and a will to improve seems to be the order of the day.

So yeah - love the mavic. But even the biggest fan boys would struggle to justify the DJI stance on these 4 big points. Complain away!

Four logical points, I totally agree. I'm sure if or when dji' inept lack of judgment or oversight quility assurance affects me I will remember reading your post.

We as consumers have a responsibility to communicate issues with dji.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929