DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why did DJI ruin POI shooting on the Mavic Air 2?

easyheimer

Reactions
So with all the DJI drones I've had in the past, one of my favorite tools to use is the Point of Interest shooting mode. On the Mavic Pro and the Mavic Air, it was so easy to set up. Just hover over your target, choose POI and then pick your radius and boom ... you're ready to shoot. The way they did it on the Mavic Air 2 just irks me a little bit. The fact that you need to draw the square around the target that you want to shoot makes it very hard to tell the drone what the center is. When I start the POI shot I wish it would automatically record as well as stop the shot automatically once it's done a full circle around your subject. The Mavic Pro and the Mavic Air even gave you a percentage of how far along you were in the shot. It just seems very cumbersome for me.

If I'm doing something wrong or there is a better way to do it please let me know. I want to love this new and improved POI but right now it seems like a huge step back from what was working so well for me.

I found the new way easier than the old way. Safes me time.
Give it a chance and work with it.

Fly over the top of the subject just like the old poi and point your camera straight down draw a box it centers it way better than the old way for me..

Reactions: easyheimer
Guess one way or the other really don't matter it's what you're used to and you like.
Takes a while to get used to something like this iMac i have had for 3 years. Had always had windows and what i learned on but now after learning it and it took me about this long to learn it i wouldn't go back.
Yea slow learner i am.

Guess one way or the other really don't matter it's what you're used to and you like.
Takes a while to get used to something like this iMac i have had for 3 years. Had always had windows and what i learned on but now after learning it and it took me about this long to learn it i wouldn't go back.
Yea slow learner i am.

I agree totally with Dirkclod. For hundreds of years I had Microsoft Windows PC and usually needed a computer tech to come to my house about 4-5 times a year. I hated that machine. Now I have a gorgeous, high powered iMAC with all of the power I need. This computer was built for graphics works and is so intuitive it is amazing. Just the simple screen grab function allows me to capture and send anything I see on my monitor. I have not had to call my computer geek in since I got the iMAC. It is especially good for Photoshop and Premier Pro where I can import big video files without using proxies, and scrub through them. The best thing for this hobby I ever did was to abandon Microsoft PCs.

I don’t know how it could get much easier than how it’s presented on the Air 2. You don’t even have to go into a menu for anything. Just draw the box and you’re on it.

I’m finding now that the shot that I used to think I wanted was the orbit that you describe, when in fact the Focus Track provides a superior effect. Just box the subject and fly around it in ANY fashion and it stays centered... It’s the most under appreciated feature in my opinion.

Agree with Svenmarbles... its pretty easy and functional for me.

And I have Mac, Windows and Linux, and they all have strengths and weaknesses. Whichever one suits the job, I am on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000