DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why does enabling USB Debugging on Android increase app stability?

Reactions
I've read on various threads that enabling USB Debugging on an Android device increases the stability of the control app. Since I have Android app development experience, and I know what USB Debugging is used for normally, I'm extremely puzzled how enabling it could increase app stability. For one thing, in order for the Android Debug Bridge to connect to the target device, you must agree to a "Trust this computer?" prompt, (no such prompt appears when the RC is connected to the device). And for another, even assuming that the prompt did appear and the user agreed to it, I can't understand how any of the commands ADB allows you to run could increase the stability of the control app. Anyone have a thought on why enabling USB debugging could increase app stability?

Reactions: MaviCam
Probably an urban legend. I agree with you, it makes no sense logically.

Reactions: ChaseTheBlueLines
It doesn't.

VERY old versions of the DJI stuff (Lightbrigde 1 / Inspire 1 with the old DJI Pilot app) needed it or it wouldn't work at all (and you would get the "trust device" prompt), but they later figured how to communicate with normal APIs so it's completely obsolete now and just some thing people with no idea randomly continue to post probably based on old articles they may have found about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmtwomey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej