DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why I will never buy another DJI product again and why DJI needs to check up on it's Australian importer

Robbo man

Reactions
Before my drama story a bit of background, I'll try to be quick!

Up until a couple of years ago I have worked in the hobby industry for over 30 years as a store manager and buyer.
I had a good relationship with the owner of the DJI import business and even got given a few free drones.
3 years ago I left the industry and moved on to a completely different field.

August I purchased a Mavic 2 pro with smart controller from the D1 store when it arrived it was open with zoom instructions, when I registered it, it registered as a zoom!
The original battery died after 1 charge and wouldn't charge anymore then many many emails later and around 3 and a half weeks later I finally got a replacement battery. While waiting for the first battery I purchased a second from a large yellow hifi chain store 2 chargers later it died with a very strange problem : you can plug the battery into the drone and without turning the battery on the drone turns on as soon as you plug it in. So many emails later including videos showing the problem over a week and a half later they finally told me to fill out a return form online. All the while the drone complains about magnetic interference doesn't seem to matter were you take it off from and almost every flight requests a compass calibration. I have stated this in emails but they just ignore it. So far I have owned it for around 3 and a half months and it has flown 7 or 8 times. I was very excited to upgrade from my original Mavic pro but now wish I had never done it. As for DJI Australia clearly they are only your friend when you are selling thousands of dollars of their product. I have over the years heard stories about how bad DJI customer service was but had no idea just how shocking it real is.
Personally I will never buy another DJI product again, I have written an email to DJI head office about their distributor but don't really think anyone cares. I just hope in the future we can have a more competitive drone market and as for the owner of the importer of DJI Australia to put it as politely as possible: you can go jump "BUDDY!"

Reactions: Bekanne
Before my drama story a bit of background, I'll try to be quick!

Up until a couple of years ago I have worked in the hobby industry for over 30 years as a store manager and buyer.
I had a good relationship with the owner of the DJI import business and even got given a few free drones.
3 years ago I left the industry and moved on to a completely different field.

August I purchased a Mavic 2 pro with smart controller from the D1 store when it arrived it was open with zoom instructions, when I registered it, it registered as a zoom!
The original battery died after 1 charge and wouldn't charge anymore then many many emails later and around 3 and a half weeks later I finally got a replacement battery. While waiting for the first battery I purchased a second from a large yellow hifi chain store 2 chargers later it died with a very strange problem : you can plug the battery into the drone and without turning the battery on the drone turns on as soon as you plug it in. So many emails later including videos showing the problem over a week and a half later they finally told me to fill out a return form online. All the while the drone complains about magnetic interference doesn't seem to matter were you take it off from and almost every flight requests a compass calibration. I have stated this in emails but they just ignore it. So far I have owned it for around 3 and a half months and it has flown 7 or 8 times. I was very excited to upgrade from my original Mavic pro but now wish I had never done it. As for DJI Australia clearly they are only your friend when you are selling thousands of dollars of their product. I have over the years heard stories about how bad DJI customer service was but had no idea just how shocking it real is.
Personally I will never buy another DJI product again, I have written an email to DJI head office about their distributor but don't really think anyone cares. I just hope in the future we can have a more competitive drone market and as for the owner of the importer of DJI Australia to put it as politely as possible: you can go jump "BUDDY!"
Similar thing happened to me, but it was a repair. I don't think my issue was with DJI. Still now I concluded if my drone dies or cashes I write it off.
Changing out the heart of the machine, controller, etc seems to be a theme.
Mine, they even typed back in the name I gave the drone, and they misspelled it.
My sympathies.

Hi. I am a total newbie Pom stranded by Covid in Brisbane, Australia. I bought my MP2 on what was effectively an impulse buy from a nearby Harvey Norman store. I'm just saying that product support for almost any gadget here in Oz is not what I am accustomed to getting in Europe. I bought a new Asus computer
from Harvey Norman recently and discovered I was buying the only one in Australia! It had to be sent up from Sydney. There is zero product support from Harvey Norman. I wasted a trip to a central shopping centre looking for the DJI store as recommended by them to discover that it had closed down! That said, my MP2 worked fine straight out of the box and I'm on a steep learning curve in instruction manual and outside when I travel out of town to fly it. This site is the best instruction tool I have found so far. Lack of support is just part of the process I shall not be throwing my drone or the teddies out of the pram. Only one query so far (if anyone is still reading this) - one of my motors is running hotter by touch than the other three. Should I worry? How sensitive is that to very slight prop damage - scratches due to tree investigation.

I would try a new set of props to see if that brings the motor temps down. Could be a prop is damagred, and not providing enough lift, so the motor works harder to keep the AC in correct attitude....

I haven't been a fan of Asus quality. MBs that intermittently lock up when waking from hibernation, and a laptop who's battery would deplete in a week's time in hibernation.

Sorry to say but my experience of DJI support from their Keysborough (Melbourne) service centre has been the exact opposite. Top notch every time, including 2 brand new drones as crash replacements.Guess its who you deal with..

Keysborough have for me always responded straight away. Drone in, assessed in 3 days, new unit ready for collection.

As for Harvey Norman and Asus. Blaaahhhhh

Also from the UK and Aussie customer service is often poor.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98