DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why own a drone if you live in San Francisco?

Cutaway

Reactions
I was heading up to the city...and of course, I asked myself "why don't I bring my drone?"

Check out this map. I can't fathom how they follow the notify rules and fly for fun...

sf.JPG

I've been flying around the ferry building and the bay bridge with great results. If you're goal is to photograph the golden gate and alcatraz, remember you have a the whole bay and a pretty good camera to work with. You just might have to take off and setup the shot a little bit more.

Attachments

• DJI_0015.JPG
    DJI_0015.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 206
Awesome shot man! I just posted a thread on here asking about restrictions flying near the Bay Bridge and the Embarcadero, but it looks to be clear! I am excited about a panoramic shot from treasure island showing SF's skyline. Wanted to fly today but the weather is a bit crappy.

Ignore the no fly zones as it's incredibly hard to get caught. Been flying my Mavic for WEEKS at the golden gate. Happy to share location info via DM. No trouble at all.

I was heading up to the city...and of course, I asked myself "why don't I bring my drone?"

Check out this map. I can't fathom how they follow the notify rules and fly for fun...

View attachment 8269

Sure it sucks but in reality, that's a beach along the coast, lands end and Golden gate bridge. SF is pretty big and there's plenty of other places to fly

Most of those "heliports" don't actually exist any more. I talked to the SFPD and they're (or at least, the officer who manages their inactive heliport is) cool with me flying.

Ignore the no fly zones as it's incredibly hard to get caught. Been flying my Mavic for WEEKS at the golden gate. Happy to share location info via DM. No trouble at all.
I would love to know some spots near embarcadero where I could take off from to take some shots

I would love to know some spots near embarcadero where I could take off from to take some shots
Try walking out on the pier behind the Exploratorium.
j5zobtb9j3gz.png

Reactions: daisy-girl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143