DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why we choose to Design a Wet Suit for the Mavic 2

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
This year we decided to to Video Tape the Phantom 4 Pro flying with the Mavic 2 Zoom right behind it , just to show a completely diffferent Perspective of the Phantom 4 Wet Suit flying in the storm.

Got the Mavic 2 ZOOM poured a 16 ounce glass of water over the seams of battery and got just a few drops of water in the Battery compartment. Not enough to cause any worry and a job well done..

Took the Zoom out in the Pouring Rain for about 4 Minutes , Storm stopped , landed and opened the Battery and saw that more water had gotten into the battery.

This is not what we expected, realized that all the Concepts , Seals and Pressure methods used on the Phantom 4 would work even better on the Mavic 2.

So if you plan on doing anything in the Rain , you better have a Wet Suit and the fact that we designed a clever way to close the Gaping Holes in the Mavic 2 and do it without any hassle is really nice.. No one made the vents narrower but we did make them deeper ! A concept that worked amazingly well on the phantoms.

Because I fly the products , I want the most Hassle free , no fuss Products I can design, and the Mavic 2 Wet Suit is another example of that.

As with the Phantom its not Water Proof , but we did everything we could to make it as Water Resistant as possible and the Designs are awesome.

If water does get inside the Drone, most likely it going to dry and fly again another day
we have proof of this everyday we Fly the Phantom 4 Pro that has been thru 20 some down pours that have all been posted on phantomrain.org .

We are aware that people want to review our products: Thank you to all of the Reviewers that have messaged us privately , It was overwhelming how many people wanted to help.

Reviews are nice, but what we want to know is what is going to be the FAILURE POINT of the drone where it falls out of the sky:

In the Two years we have been flying the Phantom 4 Wet Suit we only had ONE storm that lasted over 26 minutes of a Torrential Pouring Rain.

The phantom 4 did not fail. and it flew the next day no rice needed . The video of that storm is posted on our website .

Because we push the Drone to Failure on Every Storm we will offer the best Review.

If you think that we have Built a Submarine we have not !

So if water getting on the Aluminum Brushless motors scares you::: We implore you to never fly in the rain.

Although we offer no guarantee that water will not get inside the drone :

what we do offer is the most creative approach ever taken to flying these drones thru a pouring rain...

NOTE: If you are a Hobbist and have no reason to fly in the Rain, than dont consider it, however if you have PURPOSE than this is the Tool you want to get the job done everyday RAIN or SHINE

Add that fact they look like Harrier jets and feel nice in the hand weigh less than 1/2 ounce ,, offer an easy install and come with a video to install all 22 parts , were leaning on a 4.2 stars. Wink

Approved Vendor
Phantomrain.org
coal

We will ask that the post be moderated , and only those questions that interest us will be replied to.
Any post that are not related to the Product , will be reported.

thanks for letting us no about the wet suit I think I need one for all year round in the uk snow rain sleet.thanks again for the honest review and good luck

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
You missed a couple of potential benefits you have raised in earlier occasions;

1. Improved vis ability (better VLOS and discernment of orientation)

2. Better grip for safer hand catch/launch and less chance of dropping The Mavic when handling.

Both seemed to be attractive to me and I suspect others.

I hope you sell thousands.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu