DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why you don't fly indoors!!!

The first things that come into my mind are, how big was the helicopter i.e. was it sensible to fly it attempt to fly it indoors, how skilled was the pilot and how much automation is built into the helicopters flight systems?
I have yet to fly any sort of 'mavic' indoors where it went off 'half cocked' like that unless I did something stupid.
A Mini 2 went bananas after I had been 'throwing' it around the room like a lunatic, in the second incident I flew a Mini of some sort into an area that was too poorly lit and it went into ATTI mode and I wasn't skilled enough to control it.

That is a typical series of events when you are a novice rc heli pilot and don't have the heli set up properly. Can't tell if it's a fixed pitch or collective pitch. Either way, he should have throttled down once he saw it going backwards and to the side.

I flew a collective pitch model a few years ago, and I can tell you that the difficulty of getting it to hover can only be described as balancing a basket ball on top of a broom handle.

i remember when i bought my first rc heli(20 years ago) ,took whole 2 months toget it delivered from china,unboxed heli,charged battery,did whole set up comfortably in the bedroom wih my cat right next to me …turned heli and rc on,picked up heli to check on something ,at same time my cat got up and walked over my rc accidentally hitting throttle stick…..the sound of heli hitting that ceiling was so loud ,it shocked the crap out of me…….my cat needed mouth to mouth resuscitation 😁

Why you do fly indoors. If you know what you're doing... ;-)

It’s out of context on this board when the subject line reads “Why you don't fly indoors!!!”. The steps to mitigate risk between the two aren’t comparable.
Rc Heli and Drones are both classified as UAV's. Maybe not mavics or dji drones that are what this board is about, but it didnt cost me anything to click on it and watch a disaster in the making. Besides, there are other posts that have nothing to do with drones here as well.

Reactions: okw and Southfork1
Rc Heli and Drones are both classified as UAV's. Maybe not mavics or dji drones that are what this board is about, but it didnt cost me anything to click on it and watch a disaster in the making. Besides, there are other posts that have nothing to do with drones here as well.
I started a thread titled, "Precision Landing and Uneven Surfaces" over in the "Twilight Sparkle" section of the My Little Pony discussion board, seeking advice.

Didn't get an answer to my question. Those kindergarten girls are not very nice.

😁

I’ve been flying RC Helicopters for over 20 years. I can tell you those machines can be very dangerous as to get someone badly hurt, or worse.

I'm on my third quadcopter; two Phantoms and now a Mavic. I have never once flown indoors. They're too large, too eager to "get going," etc. A co-worker bought a P3P after seeing mine. It was winter. In Wisconsin. He couldn't wait. Among other things, he wound up tearing a few holes in a brand new couch and breaking a table lamp. I think he permanently upset his cat, too. PTSD, probably...

My son bought me a really tiny little $20 drone. It fits in the palm of my hand. I fly that one inside.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots