DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wifi channels

catowner7

Reactions
At home I have 3 routers using Wifi channels 1, 9, and 13 respectively. I was curious about the signals between the controller and my M2Z so I connected the two, and whops, channels 9 and 13 disappeared from the Wifi Analyzer display. As soon as I disconnected the two, the two missing channels reappeared. So my guess is that OcuSync 2 is perhaps killing these channels. Saying that, my initial thought was that maybe I can mirror the display of the mobile connected to the controller to another mobile or tablet using wifi. There seem to be apps capable of doing this. Anyone who has tried this?

At home I have 3 routers using Wifi channels 1, 9, and 13 respectively. I was curious about the signals between the controller and my M2Z so I connected the two, and whops, channels 9 and 13 disappeared from the Wifi Analyzer display. As soon as I disconnected the two, the two missing channels reappeared. So my guess is that OcuSync 2 is perhaps killing these channels. Saying that, my initial thought was that maybe I can mirror the display of the mobile connected to the controller to another mobile or tablet using wifi. There seem to be apps capable of doing this. Anyone who has tried this?
No you can't.
Occusync is a proprietary transmission/encryption system.

No you can't.
Occusync is a proprietary transmission/encryption system.
Yes, I'm aware of that. I was more thinking of using Wifi Direct to send the current screen to another device. But it may be that Ocusync kills the available wifi channels in such way that Wifi Direct won't work. Guess I need to try but maybe somebody already have tried this, or something similar, bluetooth perhaps ...

Wi-Fi direct from what to what?
If from phone to PC, that should work, assuming you have any Wi-Fi channels left for ad-hoc Wi-Fi or AP-client Wi-Fi.

As you determined, Ocusync uses a Wi-Fi channel/frequency. However it doesn't use the channel for Wi-Fi.

What you are trying to do (mirror display) won't have anything to do with Occusync, and probably not your WiFi channels either.

As far as I am aware there are no apps to "live stream" the entire screen - just to record and play it back later.

But if you have an Android device this is possible assuming you can handle a bit of technical stuff.

I regularly stream my device's display (DJI GO) to Instagram.

What I do is start ADB over TCP and use the screenrecord utility to capture the device's display. To stream live, screenrecord allows you to pipe raw H.264 data into certain media players (on a PC) like ffmpeg or VLC. From there you can mirror the feed into an RTMP stream which could be accessed via URL from any device (or be broadcast to streaming services).

Note that this method introduces a considerable amount of delay on the receiver side.
The only way to truly optimize this situation is to broadcast straight from the device, but that would require rooting the device and some other semi-complicated technicalities that I have not yet spent the time to figure out.

I can make a new thread detailing how to do this if anyone expresses interest.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut