DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WiFi connection says “No Internet Connection” fo Mavic Pro

HueyLane

Reactions
Problem? I have a MP and am trying to connect it to phone. With power off, switch is set to WiFi on drone. I then turn the drone on and can see the drone as a choice on both iPad and phone. I select the Mavic and enter password. The message then reads “No Internet Connection”. The print on the two places the password is printed on the drone is so small, it’s hard to read. I’m not sure if one of the characters is a small “e” or “a”. Tried both. Still no connection. I’ve mentioned this same problem to a couple of drone vloggers and was given this site as a possible problem solution. Any ideas anybody?

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Re-updating firmware on drone, controller. Tried using every variation of lower case letters for Mavic’s almost too-small-to-read passwords

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Iphone7 and ipad4, both with latest iOS updates

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Lataest Mavic firmware

What Go app version are you using? 4

Any modification? (if so what). No mods

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what). No changes

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) no

I then turn the drone on and can see the drone as a choice on both iPad and phone. I select the Mavic and enter password. The message then reads “No Internet Connection”.

That's not a problem.
It's just a notification from your phone advising that that connection has no internet connectivity.
Which is completely normal - your Mavic doesn't connect to the internet.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
As Meta4 correctly says,this is no problem,you are connecting to the mavic,which does not need or have a connection to the internet. Your phone is just giving you a standard notification.So,you should be good to go,though i would recommend using the proper controller;);)

That's not a problem.
It's just a notification from your phone advising that that connection has no internet connectivity.
Which is completely normal - your Mavic doesn't connect to the internet.
Correct - your phone's WiFi will either give you connection to the Internet, OR connection to the Mavic. You should however be able to see a confirmation in your phone's settings that lets you know that you have made a connection with the Mavic - it will show as a connected WiFi source. The Mavic/phone connection is what's known as a 'peer-to-peer' connection, so it's just your phone and the Mavic - whereas WiFi connection to your router is 'Infrastructure' and gets you connected with the rest of the world.

Just remember you will have limited range, and may be suseptable to rf interference when on wifi, and not using the Occusync.

Thanks for the input and advise. I’m not using the phone or iPad to fly. I only trust the controller for that. I would like to use a Katana to use my Mavic as a hand held stabilized camera. Even if there was a way to use a cable between the Mavic and phone, the legs of the drone must be folded to use the Katana. If you are not sure what the Katana is, you can check it out here

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54