DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wifi frequency : when i choose 5.8 ghz and CUSTOM it would revert back to 2.4 by itself...

KONY

Reactions
hello,

i bought a wifi range extender (alientech).

they advised to choose 5.8 frequency and CUSTOM, rather than 2.4

That's what i select on all of my flights as they say it minimizes interferences.

but to my surprise, at times, it would automatically switch to 2.4...even though i had chosen CUSTOM (and non AUTO) and 5.8

I noticed this very behaviour on multiple flights on the course of multiple days, when i was checking the frequency mid-flight after some "turbulences"...

has anyone noticed the same ? why is that ?

Last edited:
I think its best to indicate what App FW you're using when this happen. Could be app specific. Ive used custom 2.4ghz and not 5.8ghz on 0.100 and it stays. Heard other pilot also can stay on 5.8ghz on previous app. Not really sure of 5.8 though but still its good to have all requires info like DJI Go4 app version, IOS or Android, AC FW version etc. Thx

ah oki thanx,

i don't have the drone now with me so i'll check later...but anyway i think i have the latest firmware because i upgraded a few weeks back

i'm using android.

the DJI GO4 version i have is 4.3.20

hello,

i bought a wifi range extender (alientech).

they advised to choose 5.8 frequency and CUSTOM, rather than 2.4

That's what i select on all of my flights as they say it minimizes interferences.

but to my surprise, at times, it would automatically switch to 2.4...even though i had chosen CUSTOM (and non AUTO) and 5.8

I noticed this very behaviour on multiple flights on the course of multiple days, when i was checking the frequency mid-flight after some "turbulences"...

has anyone noticed the same ? why is that ?
You do not say what country you are operating in.
Some countries (the UK for instance) do not allow DFS channels (149-161) within the 5.8ghz spectrum to be utilized without a license from OFCOM since the allowable EIRP is increased to 4000mW.
Since DJI together with your phone/tablet manufacturer attempt to comply with FCC/CE legal transmission requirements they simply lock out some (or all) of the band.
This has been covered previously.

i fly in Hong Kong so many wi fi interferences on 2.4 so i decided to switch to 5.8 CUSTOM...but it doesn't seem to keep my input as chosen...which i find strange

Thank you so much The Editor for those very valuable pieces of information and sources....unfortunately this is way way too technical for my small drone level to understand what it means for me.

will try to dig a lil bit more later

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929