DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WiFi only iPad tethered to iPhone

ThreeGs

Reactions
I know that WiFi only iPads won't be able to do the follow me functionality and I won't be able to update my controller location.
However...
Do you get that functionality if you tether to an iPhone to get a network connection?
I just tried this with my older WiFi only iPad tethered to my iPhone and I got a red dot on the map at my location but that may have been remembered from before I turned off my connection to the home router. I also was not able to determine if the follow me feature would be available.

Reactions: Pvitale
I know that WiFi only iPads won't be able to do the follow me functionality and I won't be able to update my controller location.
However...
Do you get that functionality if you tether to an iPhone to get a network connection?
I just tried this with my older WiFi only iPad tethered to my iPhone and I got a red dot on the map at my location but that may have been remembered from before I turned off my connection to the home router. I also was not able to determine if the follow me feature would be available.

You should be able to from my knowledge. Good luck!

Reactions: ThreeGs
However...

I use an iPad mini 4 WiFi and my recollection is that follow me will not work, but active track does, controller location can be updated and maps will load when the tethered to phone.

Correct. The iPad wifi only version does not have a gps inbuilt, which is required for the follow me and reset of home point. Having it tethered to the phone will not provide this gps requirement and will only give it the internet connection required to live update the map. I have heard of people using an external Bluetooth (I think) gps unit linked to the iPad which does then give the required gps system in the iPad.

Here is some from. Quick google.. Compare 7 Selected Bluetooth GPS Receivers For iPad

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser