DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WiFi vs RC

omahajoe

Reactions
I have been using my Mavic Air for several months with no problems whatsoever. I used the Remote Controller with my iPhone 10 connected. I was curious about using the iPhone alone and connecting via WiFi. I was able to do that successfully. I really preferred using the RC, so I tried to switch back, but now I cannot connect to the RC with my phone connected. No matter what I try, the screen always says "Disconnected". I have tried using the button on the back of the drone, with the "1" '2' and '3' beeps, but the RC still will not correct. When I switched to the WiFi connection, I must have changed some setting somewhere, but I am at a loss as to how to change it back.

I would appreciate any help anyone could provide.

I have already tried those steps. The problem is the LED never turns solid green and the app continues to say "Disconnected".

Any other suggestions?

That's the only way to link the remote controller. Here's the video version if that's easier to follow:

Follow these instructions to relink the remote controller to the aircraft.
I held drone status button overly longtime, receiving doublebeeps, whats that suppose to indicate the audible two beeps? Link failed so cycle drone power and repeat for single beep then immed release drone button?

Somewhere in the thick manual it mentions changing drone's identity user password? or was it drone's wifi connect password?

In any case, what are the 3 tiered beeps? 1, 2, 3 beeps depending on button duration held down?

1 beep = link the remote controller to the aircraft
2 beeps = switch the aircraft to Wi-Fi mode
3 beeps = reset the aircraft Wi-Fi SSID and password

That's the only way to link the remote controller. Here's the video version if that's easier to follow:

I followed both methods of connecting the RC. I can get the RC light to turn a solid green, but the the status remains 'disconnected'. I also connected via WiFi so that I could verify the firmware is up to date. I also deleted the DJI app and downloaded it again. Nothing helped.

Anything else I could try?

I can get the RC light to turn a solid green
That means the remote controller is connected to the aircraft.

How is your iPhone 10 connected to the remote controller?

That means the remote controller is connected to the aircraft.

How is your iPhone 10 connected to the remote controller?

The iPhone is connected to the RC with the short cable that came with the drone. That is the way I have been using the RC since I got the drone several months ago. It worked perfectly until I decided to connect via WiFi. When I tried to switch back to the wired connection is when the problem started.

Is there a way to determine if the cable is not working properly?

Is there a way to determine if the cable is not working properly?
Try connecting your iPhone to the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller using a Lightning cable. If you don't have a short Lightning cable, you can use the cable you're using to charge your iPhone.

Try connecting your iPhone to the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller using a Lightning cable. If you don't have a short Lightning cable, you can use the cable you're using to charge your iPhone.

That worked!! I can now connect the RC to the drone. Apparently the problem was with the short cable or the input jacks the cable is plugged into.

Thanks for sticking with this. Would you happen to know where I can get another short cable? The long charging cable is kind of a pain to use.

Thanks again.

For what it's worth, I bought a pre-owned MA, reset to factory settings, updated the firmware to the latest on RC and aircraft.
Before the factory settings, I was able to use the side port to connect to my iphone.
After the firmware upgrades, with the same cord I was unable to use the side port. It's like it went dead.

Good news is I have no problem with the "underneath" port ... but it seems I had the same problem as the OP.

For what it's worth, I bought a pre-owned MA, reset to factory settings, updated the firmware to the latest on RC and aircraft.
Before the factory settings, I was able to use the side port to connect to my iphone.
After the firmware upgrades, with the same cord I was unable to use the side port. It's like it went dead.

Good news is I have no problem with the "underneath" port ... but it seems I had the same problem as the OP.
Maybe the rc charging receptacle, which is the convenient receptacle to cable your phone, or, the cable termination connector has failed? how could it have failed merely from flashing? Maybe you must reattempt flashing rc & drone using the phone for downloading fw to flash the rc and the drone, but phone must be cabled into rc, as in flights. but if the fw is already latest, the phone apk may not ask you to flash, that leaves pc asst2 the only forced reflashing opportunity to use. If you deenergize drone, and cable rc into phone, and energize rc, and open apk, and hold menu icon five sec rc flashing window opens for flashing cabled rc, try it, but must cable rc into phone using known good cable

Reactions: tjphotog
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS