DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will 5.5" Crystal Sky Work With The Osmo 4k?

MadDogDan

Reactions
Thinking about getting a DJI Osmo 4k and wondered if my 5.5" Crystal Sky would work as a monitor. I originally got the CS to use with my Mavic Pro because it is a drag when I get phone calls on my iPhone 7+ at the same time I am flying. Really love using the CS with my Mavic so why not on the Osmo? DJI's web site says the CS works with the Osmo Pro which I am familiar with and the Osmo Raw which I have no idea what model that is and don't see any info on it.

Just curious.

Last edited:
There is an official DJI mount for the CS on the Osmo

Buy CrystalSky Osmo Pro/RAW Mounting Bracket

but you'll need this as well

Buy Osmo Pro/RAW Wired Video Adapter

Just doing some research now and discovered the "wired video adapter" plugs into a USB port on the side of the Pro/RAW, however the Osmo + that I am looking at does not have a USB port. However I am guessing it will still work as the Osmo + communicates with your phone by WiFi so since the CS can use WiFi it should work as well.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

Just doing some research now and discovered the "wired video adapter" plugs into a USB port on the side of the Pro/RAW, however the Osmo + that I am looking at does not have a USB port. However I am guessing it will still work as the Osmo + communicates with your phone by WiFi so since the CS can use WiFi it should work as well.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

One would assume so, the website shows compatibility Buy CrystalSky
I've sold my Osmo Pro

One would assume so, the website shows compatibility Buy CrystalSky
I've sold my Osmo Pro

Why did you sell your Osmo, are there better manufacturers out there for his type of device. I know GoPro makes a similar device. Do you know how the GoPro stacks up against the Osmo?

Why did you sell your Osmo, are there better manufacturers out there for his type of device. I know GoPro makes a similar device. Do you know how the GoPro stacks up against the Osmo?

Went away from hand held video and went back to stills with my Canon 1dx, only do video now with my Garmin Virb 360, Ultra 30 cameras and Zhinyun Rider M mountable stabiliser.
Wanted something I could attach to various mounting points(Rider M), hand held video was not my thing, a drone in tripod mode is more effective as you can access more areas that you couldn't get to on foot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom