DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will a Alientech 5.8ghz amplifier setup increase range for USA Mini version

Waldo Pepper

Reactions
I’ve had great experience with the Alientech Pro 2.4. GHz amplifier setup with Evo 2 Pro, with the Mavic Mini will the Alientech Pro 5.8ghz increase range? I’m from the USA, I like the Alientech Pro because it’s small, lightweight.

Appreciate feedback from those who may have experienced this mod with the Mavic Mini.

Thank you,
Paul

I'd try some 5.8ghz Yagi - (6 pole version) to see if that is enough range extension.

For me flying the MM further than 1.2miles from the home point is probably enough given it's flaky high wind capability

Even though I have the Titan amplified antennas for my other drones I'm hesitant to make the RC conversion as the MMi doesn't give me a huge level of confidence in it's abilities as it's not powerful enough

Reactions: OldGuy and ff22
I'd try some 5.8ghz Yagi - (6 pole version) to see if that is enough range extension.

For me flying the MM further than 1.2miles from the home point is probably enough given it's flaky high wind epowerful enough
Thanks lannes,

I’ll look into this, wasn’t familiar with the Yagi antenna setup. I’m like you, have other amplifier setups and really can’t see the mini doing well long range due to wind. I should’ve been more specific, I really need clearer transmission signal in rough mountain terrain areas with obstacles, 1-2 miles out.

Thanks again
Paul

For me flying the MM further than 1.2miles from the home point is probably enough given it's flaky high wind capability

Even though I have the Titan amplified antennas for my other drones I'm hesitant to make the RC conversion as the MMi doesn't give me a huge level of confidence in it's abilities as it's not powerful enough
Did little more research on the Yagi (6pole) antenna setup, found them on amazon and eBay. Ordered a set today, should be here within two weeks.

watched a couple if videos, very impressive.
Thanks for mentioning them,
Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82