DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will DJI air still connect to controller if I’m in a geogenced area.

Drone196!

Reactions
The other day while on a beach in Florida I could not get my Mavic air to connect to my controller. AirMap said I was within and unrestricted area (flying ok under 400 feet) but I couldn’t even get my drone to connect. Does the Geo fencing preevent the drone and controller connection or just taking off. Thank you. Always stay safe and fly safe.

The other day while on a beach in Florida I could not get my Mavic air to connect to my controller. AirMap said I was within and unrestricted area (flying ok under 400 feet) but I couldn’t even get my drone to connect. Does the Geo fencing preevent the drone and controller connection or just taking off. Thank you. Always stay safe and fly safe.

No it doesn’t, there’s some other issue. Make sure the switch on the drone is in “RC” mode and not “wi-fi” mode. On more than one occasion I’ve switched to wi-fi mode and forgot to switch to RC mode and was flabbergasted I couldn’t get the remote to connect. Low and behold forgot to switch it back to RC mode

No it doesn’t, there’s some other issue. Make sure the switch on the drone is in “RC” mode and not “wi-fi” mode. On more than one occasion I’ve switched to wi-fi mode and forgot to switch to RC mode and was flabbergasted I couldn’t get the remote to connect. Low and behold forgot to switch it back to RC mode
Unless DJI makes a different version of the MA and controller than the one I have - there is no such switch on the UAV itself and the only switch on the controller is “Sport” mode switch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada