DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will DJI make map exeptions for you ahead of travel?

KiterTodd

Reactions
Apologies if I have some of this terminology wrong...

I'm traveling next week to a place I have been to several times. There is a GPS map error that marks the Authorization Zone, where I will be, as a No-Fly Zone. It is near a very lightly used unmanned airstrip. When I fly, I'm well below 400' and call the closest airport which of course doesn't really care.

When I had an older firmware version on my MP I could still fly (with authorization) but of course once I upgraded the drone would not fly without an exception code from DJI. That process was time consuming as each email to them occurred on 24 hour cycles due to the time difference. So, 3 days after I reported the error I had an exception but was then halfway through my trip.

I now have the M2P which of course will not take off in this zone, if is marked as a No-Fly area.

I was curious if anyone has had luck setting up flight exceptions ahead of time with DJI and how you would go about doing this?
I was hoping to send them coordinates and ask for support.

Thanks for any tips or pointers to other places to ask this question.

Apologies if I have some of this terminology wrong...

I'm traveling next week to a place I have been to several times. There is a GPS map error that marks the Authorization Zone, where I will be, as a No-Fly Zone. It is near a very lightly used unmanned airstrip. When I fly, I'm well below 400' and call the closest airport which of course doesn't really care.

When I had an older firmware version on my MP I could still fly (with authorization) but of course once I upgraded the drone would not fly without an exception code from DJI. That process was time consuming as each email to them occurred on 24 hour cycles due to the time difference. So, 3 days after I reported the error I had an exception but was then halfway through my trip.

I now have the M2P which of course will not take off in this zone, if is marked as a No-Fly area.

I was curious if anyone has had luck setting up flight exceptions ahead of time with DJI and how you would go about doing this?
I was hoping to send them coordinates and ask for support.

Thanks for any tips or pointers to other places to ask this question.

It does matter where you are and the specific type of NFZ. However yes you can indeed do it in advance. The procedure has changed since you used that E-Mail method.

You can now either unlock onsite right before you fly (if you have an Internet connection there), or unlock in advance by filling out the request online. You will need to login with your DJI account and follow the procedure for a NFZ Unlock. Once you get the unlock authorization on your PC, you login to Go4 with the MP powered on and can download the unlock license to the drone. That way on-site you won't need to do anything.

Follow the instructions at the DJI FlySafe Website

...You will need to login with your DJI account and follow the procedure for a NFZ Unlock. Once you get the unlock authorization on your PC, you login to Go4 with the MP powered on and can download the unlock license to the drone. That way on-site you won't need to do anything.

Follow the instructions at the DJI FlySafe Website
@PhantomFandom thanks much for the explanation. I went through the steps and will hope for the best!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada