DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will DJI sell any drone except the mini or mini 2 in the UK from 2021 onwards?

Spinball

Reactions
I can't see anyone except the rich, professional or ignorant (of the rules) wanting to spend any money on any DJI drone except the mini or mini 2 in the UK from now on.
What's the point, since it's so restricted? It's effectively money down the drain unless the CAA certify them later on.
In contrast, the value of a sub-250g drone has suddenly risen significantly.
DJI are going to be pumping out loads of mini 2s and more than likely making a mini pro with similar softare features to the air like active track etc,, right?

my personal opinion is that DJI will be adding low speed mode to the mp2 airframe and be using the fly APP in the new style RC ,with the required c rating stickers as an interim model which can be flown in the A2 category with the A2 C of C a sort of end of line model before they roll out the next gen mavics, to be honest even with the two year transitional period in place, the bigger mavics are not worth entertaining as a new purchase ,unless they can be allowed to be flown ,using the 50m bubble as they did before ,to count as the 50m separation distance with the A2 C of C

Of the precious few benefits from living way off the beaten track in a Third World backwater, is that individual drone owners get to pass their own personalized laws about where, how and what model drone to fly.

Since I might soon be in the market for a used 4K video capable quadcopter that is also compatible with Litchi, I wonder whether the prices of used Mavic Pros sold on ebay will rise, or fall, in the wake of all these new 2021 regulations in the EU and USA. I'm on the edge of my seat watching developments.

Of course they will. There’ll be new models that comply with the regs. As good as the Mini2 is (the Mini 1 will be taken off sale soon) it’s not good enough for professional work. And, doing the A2 cofc isn’t expensive anymore.

Yes, the rest of Europe is also aligned with essentially the same rules and Europe is a big market, so I am sure they will be working on a C2 drone that will be significantly more capable then the mini.

A2 CofC is relatively easy and cheap to get, so there will be a market and a demand for it.

Just bought a Mini 2 due to new UK rules. Due to its weight you now have a great deal of flying freedom, as long as you don't endanger anyone.

My M2P is now semi retired, even if I take a C of C I am limited where I can fly and distance to uninvolved people. I will use it occasionally out in the country and will miss its advanced features and the 20mp camera, but I will fly more with the Mini 2 in places I will never be able to fly the M2P under the new rules.

I live in a FRZ of a helicopter manufacturer in Somerset, I thought calling their control tower may have scuppered my flying but I found they were very obliging and they have given me permission to fly with no problems so far.

Happy flying everyone, be safe in 2021.

Of course they will. There’ll be new models that comply with the regs. As good as the Mini2 is (the Mini 1 will be taken off sale soon) it’s not good enough for professional work. And, doing the A2 cofc isn’t expensive anymore.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000