DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will I need a new phone? (CPU fully loaded)

Ben_McPhee

Reactions
I used to have a Mavic Air 2, but I returned it when it turned out to be faulty (Gimbal overload, and some sort of internal errors that affected range/connection).

But when using my iPhone 7 Plus to operate it, I kept getting an error message like "CPU fully loaded", which apparently was something to do with my phone not being up to the task? It seemed to work still, but occasionally froze and required an app restart during a flight, or the feed would appear "choppy".

Just wondering, was that part of the faulty drone, or am I going to need a new phone/tablet to go with my Mavic 3?

Also, regarding the Pro controller, can anyone tell me why it's worth $1500 (Aussie) when most people already have a phone that can operate the drone? I get that maybe there's some quality of life reasons, but... it's not really a big deal is it?

You'll want a more robust display device because with newer versions of their software (Fly, DJO Go Etc) they become more and more resource hogs.

Reactions: hiflyer201
This recent thread comes to mind:

I've been getting the fully loaded message constantly lately AND sketchy performance. I downloaded the latest app update and expected my 6s to be completely un-useable but surprise surprise the performance was flawless. could this be too good to be true? I did shed all the running apps and put the phone in airplane mode.

I had the IPAD mini 4 (wifi only) using with M2 pro an zoom, CPU overload, tried dumping all apps and data, start over. same issue w/ others error issuse as well. Invested in new IPAD air, smoking hot, with cellular data, no more having to use phone as mobile hot spot for map etc. That was my go around. As mentioned in other posts, DJI drones are resource hogs squared. You want all to run smooth, have to stay up with the tech. In my opinion. Unfortunately we picked an expensive hobby..... no getting around that. Unless you are way smart....like a lot of folks in these posts.

I concur on the iPad Mini 4....Not enough CPU power for the M3. The first time I put the M3 up in air, the pixilation and latency were so bad, I didn't feel safe flying it. I checked for any options in the Fly app to downgrade the video feed hoping that would solve the issue, but no setting cold be found. I occasionally received the CPU overload messages with my Mini 2 and M2P, but it didn't get in the way of normal operation. I will be using my iPhone 12pro in the meantime while waiting for the new iPad Mini 6 to arrive.

I had the IPAD mini 4 (wifi only) using with M2 pro an zoom, CPU overload, tried dumping all apps and data, start over. same issue w/ others error issuse as well. Invested in new IPAD air, smoking hot, with cellular data, no more having to use phone as mobile hot spot for map etc. That was my go around. As mentioned in other posts, DJI drones are resource hogs squared. You want all to run smooth, have to stay up with the tech. In my opinion. Unfortunately we picked an expensive hobby..... no getting around that. Unless you are way smart....like a lot of folks in these posts.
Not necessarily, I have no issues using my M2P with an old Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy Tab S3 the latter of which I chose against the recommendation of the forum who told me I should buy a Mini 4. The Tab S3 was a far better tablet at the time and all the better now it's still working well while the Mini 4 is not.

I used to have a Mavic Air 2, but I returned it when it turned out to be faulty (Gimbal overload, and some sort of internal errors that affected range/connection).

But when using my iPhone 7 Plus to operate it, I kept getting an error message like "CPU fully loaded", which apparently was something to do with my phone not being up to the task? It seemed to work still, but occasionally froze and required an app restart during a flight, or the feed would appear "choppy".

Just wondering, was that part of the faulty drone, or am I going to need a new phone/tablet to go with my Mavic 3?

Also, regarding the Pro controller, can anyone tell me why it's worth $1500 (Aussie) when most people already have a phone that can operate the drone? I get that maybe there's some quality of life reasons, but... it's not really a big deal is it?
Your phone can no longer handle the load,I had an iphone 6s plus,to fly my mavic air 2.
I received the same message on my phone,so now I fly with a Tripltek android based tablet.
No longer any problems,has plenty of guts to run anything and a nice bright 1200 nit display.
Your drone is fine.

just get a tripltek 8 inch pro and you won't have anumore problems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser