DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WILL IT COME BACK

mikebambi

Reactions
will the mavic pro comeback on its own when it reaches its distance limit ,and whats the farthest it will go ?

Yes. As long as Return to Home is working and a Home Point has been set upon take off.

When the remote controller looses signal for a period of time it automatically initiates Return to Home. Max Flight distance is 4.3 Miles with optimal conditions , but this depends on a lot of factors. Line of Sight, weather, obstructions , KP Index, etc

Hey BD0G, Mike might be talking about the geofence 'max distance'. Which is just a warning and inability to fly any further. No RTH.
But I think you are right.
That being said, in Litchi you can set that geofence circle and it means nothing, you seemingly can fly straight through it..

Hey BD0G, Mike might be talking about the geofence 'max distance'. Which is just a warning and inability to fly any further. No RTH.
That being said, in Litchi you can set that geofence circle and it means nothing, you seemingly can fly straight through it..
THANK YOU

Make sure in the DJI Go 4 app that in the advanced settings the the signal loss RTH has been set to "RTH" rather than to "Hover" or "Land"
This setting overrides the automatic function when the signal is lost

I gotta try that! Had no idea. You are talking about flying FPV mode and not a planned mission I assume.

Make sure in the DJI Go 4 app that in the advanced settings the the signal loss RTH has been set to "RTH" rather than to "Hover" or "Land"
This setting overrides the automatic function when the signal is lost
thank you so much

Try this in a open area. Fly your mavic out to say 600 feet away where you can of course see it after the Home Point has been set.

Shut down the app. Observe what happens. Then take a deep breath and turn off the remote completely. Observe what happens. The Mavic Pro flys right back to the home point and begins to land. Fire up the remote controller and stop the Autoland by clicking into Sport Mode briefly. You will now have full control of the Mavic once again.

Get this drill ingrained so that when you loose signal in the future you dont freak out and panic.

Try this in a open area. Fly your mavic out to say 600 feet away where you can of course see it after the Home Point has been set.

Shut down the app. Observe what happens. Then take a deep breath and turn off the remote completely. Observe what happens. The Mavic Pro flys right back to the home point and begins to land. Fire up the remote controller and stop the Autoland by clicking into Sport Mode briefly. You will now have full control of the Mavic once again.

Get this drill ingrained so that when you loose signal in the future you dont freak out and panic.
wow thanks good to know these tips

The Mavic will also RTH when it reaches it's power limit; when the battery meter thinks you only have enough power to get back. Keep in mind that it does not take wind direction into account for it's prediction.

I gotta try that! Had no idea. You are talking about flying FPV mode and not a planned mission I assume.
I dunno bud, I had just read it because I thought that it sounded like a good safety fence in case of a flyaway. (set the fence just a little bigger than the flight planned area) But reading up on it showed that it was just an indicator, so I've ever worried about it. Litchi question - red circle

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143