DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will it "reverse" ??

Snow Bird 1

Reactions
Just wondering... If I fly toward a moving object (moving toward me); the Mavic senses an imminent collision, stops, and hovers momentarily - and the object continues toward me. Will the Mavic back-up as the distance decreases, or climb to avoid the object as if it (the object) were stationary and FVS/collision avoidance activated?

Similarly, if I approach an object and hover 1 M off the ground 50 feet away. The object moves toward the Mavic (think bear or large animal) - What will the Mavic do - if anything?

****, wish I had "it" already so I could try it out!!

This is a great post, and a fun one! :) With obstacle avoidance, the Mavic will back up but keep in mind there are not any sensors on the rear of the aircraft.

Check out Romeo Durscher's video below which shows some of the functionality of both the Obstacle Avoidance as well as ActiveTrack

You can also read more about the Mavic on Romeo and Mark's website at MavicPro - Mark and Romeo's Aerial Adventures ...

This is a great post, and a fun one! :) With obstacle avoidance, the Mavic will back up but keep in mind there are not any sensors on the rear of the aircraft.

Check out Romeo Durscher's video below which shows some of the functionality of both the Obstacle Avoidance as well as ActiveTrack

You can also read more about the Mavic on Romeo and Mark's website at MavicPro - Mark and Romeo's Aerial Adventures ...

Thanks for that! I was wondering due to me having a very large shed and thinking about flying it in - then I thought, oh oh, then it "sees" me as I am walking toward it or sees the rear of the shed and takes off vertically!!! I will be careful!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ