Can’t see why not.

Attachments

• 15DAD3BB-08B6-415A-86F5-A4C3A06D55AE.jpeg
    15DAD3BB-08B6-415A-86F5-A4C3A06D55AE.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 8755F65E-B38E-44FD-8381-0708D8E5FFBE.png
    8755F65E-B38E-44FD-8381-0708D8E5FFBE.png
    316.7 KB · Views: 107
they will concentrate the signal but that also means that the controller antennas must be pointed directly at the drone at all times and have a direct line of site between the controller and drone

Reactions: Thomas B and scooot
I think it is much easier to lose the drone with those than without if you are not careful. It is easy to forget you have them, look into your bag or at someone, turn around and your drone will lose signal very quickly in noisy terrain.

Big mirror from IKEA in front of you would be even better STOCKHOLM Mirror - walnut veneer - IKEA you might kinda look strange... but it would surely take attention away from the drone ;)

Reactions: old man mavic
Mirrors reflect wi-fi a lot. At my work, we occupy 20 floors, we recently did reno and designers implemented a lot of mirror walls into the overall look, to the point it just "broke" wi-fi completely, I had to redesign entire wi-fi network and AP placement. Apparently mirrors have a metallic coating (reflective part) that does not wi-fi through.

Reactions: tpn12345
I think it is much easier to lose the drone with those than without if you are not careful. It is easy to forget you have them, look into your bag or at someone, turn around and your drone will lose signal very quickly in noisy terrain.

Big mirror from IKEA in front of you would be even better STOCKHOLM Mirror - walnut veneer - IKEA you might kinda look strange... but it would surely take attention away from the drone ;)
Do you mean BEHIND you?

its not just about range it is getting a stronger signal between the controller and the drone, it reflects the signal from the antennas in one particular direction and catches that signal as it comes back from the drone as well,the biggest minus with these fitted is you have to make sure that you point the antennas at the drone which is not easy to do if you have flown BVLOS the term signal booster is a bit of a misnomer it does not actually boost the signal but concentrates it to one direction as i said before proper signal boosters actually electronically amplify the signal coming from the controller which means it can travel further

Reactions: Mrveronn
I tried the parabolic range extenders that I use for the P4P and while they are way to tall for the MM I found a significant improvement in connectivity.

Definitely. You can get a cheap pair and test them. When your connection starts to degrade and it starts lagging, stick them on and you will get a definite improved, connection. It's not like double, not at all, but there is a definite difference. The reason I use them on the MM is that sometimes you can be 100 meters away in an area brimming with wifi traffic and you can establish connectivity. Those who argue they do not make a difference can not have tried them.
I got a pair from a local, seller for $10.0 for the Mavic 2. I think they will fit a MM. I used the Phantom ones this morning and got about a third longer range on the MM.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlgebraMan
I noticed a marked improvement with a cheap pair of parabolic reflectors. The amount of range doesn't interest me (although, I have been out to 1500m with the CE version with no dropouts or RTH), it's the fact that I get a much more solid link with less stuttering with the reflectors when flying LOS. I'd recommend giving them a go.

I noticed a marked improvement with a cheap pair of parabolic reflectors. The amount of range doesn't interest me (although, I have been out to 1500m with the CE version with no dropouts or RTH), it's the fact that I get a much more solid link with less stuttering with the reflectors when flying LOS. I'd recommend giving them a go.
What is the height when you hit 1500m?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0