DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will my Bt-300’s work with smart controller?

No, I don't believe the BT-300 can accept a HDMI input.

You could look at some form of wireless mirroring

Reactions: Welsh pilot
There is one way: I bought the HDMI interface box for the BT-35 from an Epson dealer, plug my BT-300 glasses into the proprietary connector port (not shown on other side of picture) and can view inbound HDMI content. I don’t have the SC, but this should get the BT-300 connected for another person’s viewing while you’re flying with your SC.

Note: Without a SC, I don’t fly with this interface box. It’s only used to watch content (movies/videos) from my laptop or other HDMI devices.

1C5C5094-173E-4593-BDDA-0267729299D0.jpeg

Here’s where I bought mine in the US:
Epson UK can probably provide a list of local Epson dealers:
Epson (UK) Ltd. Welcome to Epson United Kingdom

Last edited:
Reactions: Scubadiver1944
There is one way: I bought the HDMI interface box for the BT-35 from an Epson dealer, plug my BT-300 glasses into the proprietary connector port (not shown on other side of picture) and can view inbound HDMI content. I don’t have the SC, but this should get the BT-300 connected for another person’s viewing while you’re flying with your SC.

Note: Without a SC, I don’t fly with this interface box. It’s only used to watch content (movies/videos) from my laptop or other HDMI devices.

View attachment 104246

Here’s where I bought mine in the US:
Epson UK can probably provide a list of local Epson dealers:
Epson (UK) Ltd. Welcome to Epson United Kingdom

Thanks, I emailed the company in US and they are not allowed to sell outside of the US
Cannot get hold of this unit in the uk
Either so a little stumped really

Would work, but quality and speed of the video feed would be a question when using miracast
If out in the field a good quality dedicated wi-fi hotspot and a powerbank with AC output for the EHDMC10 would be needed

Last edited:
Would work, but quality and speed of the video feed would be a question.

If out in the field a good quality dedicated wi-fi hotspot and a powerbank with AC output for the EHDMC10 would be needed

I was curious if the Epson adapter was optimized for the BT-300 to have less latency.

I was curious if the Epson adapter was optimized for the BT-300 to have less latency.

Reading further there might be a HDMI input issue, can't be sure as the Epson EHDMC10 is old tech launched in 2015

The EHDMC10 can accept a max HDMI input 1920x1080p @ 24 or 30hz
The SC outputs HDMI at 1080p @50hz

Can anyone please tell me if the BT-300's work with the Smart Controller via USB-C?

The BT-300 glasses have a proprietary plug that connects into the android controller, the android controller has a micro usb port for only charging and connecting to a pc.
It does not have a USB-C port, so it can't connect to the Smart controller. I don't believe you can configure the micro-usb port to accept a video feed e.g. from the SC.

The glasses in the BT-300 and the BT35-E setups have the same proprietary plug, that connects to either the BT-300 android controller or the BT-35e interface unit.
The BT35-E interface unit does have a USB-C input for video.

So if you have a BT-300 you will need a BT-35e interface unit to connect only the glasses to other devices.
The android box cannot be connected to other devices for a video feed.

The only other option is cast from the SC to the BT-300 android box using wi-fi

If you have a SC, you need to get the BT-35e setup

Reactions: wickett and sonof40
The BT-300 glasses have a proprietary plug that connects into the android controller, the android controller has a micro usb port for only charging and connecting to a pc.
It does not have a USB-C port, so it can't connect to the Smart controller. I don't believe you can configure the micro-usb port to accept a video feed e.g. from the SC.

The glasses in the BT-300 and the BT35-E setups have the same proprietary plug, that connects to either the BT-300 android controller or the BT-35e interface unit.
The BT35-E interface unit does have a USB-C input for video.

So if you have a BT-300 you will need a BT-35e interface unit to connect only the glasses to other devices.
The android box cannot be connected to other devices for a video feed.

The only other option is cast from the SC to the BT-300 android box using wi-fi

If you have a SC, you need to get the BT-35e setup
Thanks that makes it clear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair