DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will my iPhone XS fit in the controller with an Apple leather case on it?

easyheimer

Reactions
I’m looking to see if anyone knows if an iPhone XS will fit in the Mavic Pro controller with the Apple leather case on it. I don’t like to remove my phone from my case to make sure nothing happens to it. If someone has tried it and it doesn’t fit I’ll just use a spare iPhone 6 Plus I have laying around for my flying device.

The very thin silicone cases are about the only ones which fit in the controller. Mine does, barely. I doubt a thicker case such as leather would.

Thank you!

Another question: Does the device you’re using to fly the Mavic Pro need cellular service?
No. I fly often with an Ipad, no cellular or GPS.

Without cellular the only thing missing would be your ability to self unlock a NFZ in the field, although you could do it in advance.

I'll mention without GPS, because many IOS devices without cellular, are also without GPS and you didn't specify. You would lose your location on the map (not the aircraft, it still is shown), and map details not previously loaded into the device. Except for a few "follow me" modes, all other functionality remains the same. If you want detailed maps, you can still either preload the maps, or tether to another device with GPS and cellular in the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: easyheimer
Thank you!

Another question: Does the device you’re using to fly the Mavic Pro need cellular service?
Operator location, maps, NFZ unlock, and follow device need cellular or GPS. Easy limitations to work around for the most part. I fly with an android device without cellular and simply connect to a hotspot when required.

Reactions: easyheimer
No. I fly often with an Ipad, no cellular or GPS.

Without cellular the only thing missing would be your ability to self unlock a NFZ in the field, although you could do it in advance.

I'll mention without GPS, because many IOS devices without cellular, are also without GPS and you didn't specify. You would lose your location on the map (not the aircraft, it still is shown), and map details not previously loaded into the device. Except for a few "follow me" modes, all other functionality remains the same. If you want detailed maps, you can still either preload the maps, or tether to another device with GPS and cellular in the field.

Thank you for this. Does the iPhone 6 Plus have GPS? Also, how do you preload the maps? Sorry for asking so many questions.

Thank you for this. Does the iPhone 6 Plus have GPS? Also, how do you preload the maps? Sorry for asking so many questions.
All iphones have gps, but not all ipads.

As for caching maps, in go4, go to main settings, three dots upper right, general settings, and find the item “cache maps in the background “ Turn it on. Then view the map area you want to fly. Move and zoom in. It will then be stored until you close go4 pr power down your device.
26E53BF8-6FB9-419D-83C4-767AF2870172.jpeg8CF742C8-B01C-4733-8B62-58D6EDED8319.jpegD61943CA-E54F-4507-BD25-6131EA799202.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you. I guess I’ll just fire up my hotspot from my iPhone XS if I have to. If it’ll fit with the leather case on that will be even better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98