DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will the Mini 3 (non-pro edition) exist?

Yaros

Reactions
The DJI Mini 3 Pro has been released less than a week ago.
It is called Pro so does that mean that there will be a non-pro version of the Mini 3?
What are your thoughts?

there is no reason why,that in time DJI would not consider releasing a Mini 3 without all the bells and whistles of the pro version ,who knows other brands have done so
it could be their entry level model replacing the Mini 2

There is an SE, not a 2SE. There is very little in common between the SE and Mini 2 beyond the shell. The SE is a Mini 1 in a Mini 2 shell.
Yes, the Mini-SE is sort of like a Mini-1A.

I think the Mini line is pretty well built out for a while.

The entry level is the Mini-SE
The "high standard" Mini is the Mini-2
The Pro variant is the Mini-3

I don't see a niche that DJI has left unfilled in the Mini realm.

At least for a while!

:cool:

Reactions: Torque
At some point they will likely update the low end Mini SE unless they get out of the low end drone market (always possible.) I could see a Mini 3 with a lesser camera, the avoidance sensors but NOT the active track or focus track features being priced $500-ish. Probably not till holiday 2023.

@Yaros ,i did not say that the Mini 3 pro could be their entry model in the 250g line up,
i was referring to a version with less features that would not have pro in the name ,instead something like Mini 3 SE or even just Mini 3 which would command a lower price point

Reactions: Yaros
@Yaros ,i did not say that the Mini 3 pro could be their entry model in the 250g line up,
i was referring to a version with less features that would not have pro in the name ,instead something like Mini 3 SE or even just Mini 3 which would command a lower price point
Maybe, but it's not clear what their payoff would be from doing that.

Market segmentation can be a good strategy, but it can also be taken too far.

I don't see how minor changes to the existing Mini line-up would add a lot of market share. Now, if they did a Mini-variant with something really new for the Mini line...FPV, waypoints, cell connectivity...that would be different.

But if someone wants a Mini that's cheaper than the Mini-3, why not just get a -SE or a -2?

@Chaosrider ,well my fellow flyer ,i am sure that in the US at least where the Mini 3 can be purchased with the extended flight time battery ,there are going to be people who would like a Mini 3 were it not for the price ,just for that feature alone
a cheaper version with the same flight time and flight envelope ,would i am sure be welcome
and as with all drones, it wont be long before ,genuine spare batteries and props ,become harder to obtain for older models ,nobody is saying this will happen overnight ,its quite possible that DJI will not make a different lower spec version of the Mini 3
all this scenarios are pure speculation at the moment

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
@Chaosrider ,well my fellow flyer ,i am sure that in the US at least where the Mini 3 can be purchased with the extended flight time battery ,there are going to be people who would like a Mini 3 were it not for the price ,just for that feature alone
a cheaper version with the same flight time and flight envelope ,would i am sure be welcome
and as with all drones, it wont be long before ,genuine spare batteries and props ,become harder to obtain for older models ,nobody is saying this will happen overnight ,its quite possible that DJI will not make a different lower spec version of the Mini 3
all this scenarios are pure speculation at the moment
The extended flight batteries are definitely a plus, and I'll get them when I eventually get my Mini-3.

You think it's hard to find drone parts? Try finding parts for a 50 year old motorcycle!

;-)

Thx!

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme