DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will the new Hubsan Zion Mini Pro be the Mini 2 killer?

Chris Rees

Reactions
This new drone has all the features of the MM2, 10km range etc; plus 6X zoom, HDR Mode, front, back and down obstacle avoidance sensors, and an (?alledged¿) 40 minute flight time (which I find hard to believe) Wonder how good it will be in reality? Your thoughts?

Well, if it all holds true, it will definitely be a competitor. As NetFolks2000 stated, until someone actually gets one in hand, still speculation, but... These are the claimed Zino Mini Pro options and specs
  • Ultralight folding design (weighs simply 249 grams);
  • Front/Back/Down 3D house notion imaginative and prescient impediment avoidance system;
  • ATVT 3.0 AI Tracking;
  • 48MP UHD 4K/30fps digicam with 1/1.3 inch CMOS picture sensor;
  • 3-axis gimbal;
  • f/1.85 tremendous giant aperture;
  • 6X digital zoom;
  • HDR mode;
  • H.265/HEVC 200Mbps;
  • Lots of inventive video modes;
  • Intelligent flight modes;
  • Syncleas 3.0 1080P/30fps video transmission (20Mbps);
  • Up to 10KM management vary;
  • Max flight time of 40 minutes.

Given Hubsan's other recent models and sales and service trying to even sell their stuff to a knowledgeable market has shown there is no way they will ever make a "killer" to DJI, let alone even compete for any sales that are negligible IMHO.

And like said this thing is vaporware until released and fully rolled out, and by then Mini 3??? I suspect this was a test market video to do a gauge test then enter any actual full production run...but it is what it is. Certainly DJI would have recouped it's major sales and the market at this level by the time this thing hits the streets leaving the few scraps for FIMI and Hubsan to fight over :p

You can't come 2 years late to the party with a copy of something when others already bought the present ;)

Last edited:
From my experience, Hubsan does not deliver on it's promises. The zoom will lost likely be grainy and as for 40 min. flight time; they often have packages that come with 2 batteries i.e. 20 min per battery minus about 25%. But I look forward to its release (probably the Mini3's).

Reactions: RMS001
Given Hubsan's other recent models and sales and service trying to even sell their stuff to a knowledgeable market has shown their is no way they will ever make a "killer" to DJI let alone even compete for any sales that are negligible IMHO.

And like said this thing is vaporware until released and fully rolled out, and by then Mini 3??? I suspect this was a test market video to do a gauge test then enter any actual full production run...but it is what it is. Certainly DJI would have recouped it's major sales and the market at this level by the time this thing hits the streets leaving the few scraps for FIMI and Hubsan to fight over :p

You can't come 2 years late to the party with a copy of something when others already bought the present ;)
Or as we used to say in my profession, “it’s good to be better, but it’s better to be first” ?

Price will be a big factor
IMHO and experience in life, those that shop with price or use price as a more determining deciding factor are greatly disappointed, more often than not. But saving a $100 or two on these things given all other things that more should be determined all things being equal is what matters. Track record, history, service after the sale, true performance in the hands of actual users...ect all should out weigh any offset in price for a bargain. How is it DJI leads, and all others follow over all these years? Their engineering and products speak for themselves. I don't know how many times I have heard those who hate DJI, buy just because it isn't a DJI, but then you never hear a peep out of them for about a year..until they pop up again in a latest release of a DJI product...a DJI owner :p

Quite simply, if you have to ask how much then you shouldn't be buying something anyway that can be destroyed in a moments notice. And on the other side of the coin, if your buying cheap because of that reason, your definitely in the wrong hobby and should just move on. YMMV

Last edited:
I like the sound of "tremendous giant aperture".
I wonder if it has "prodigious megapixels" or "brobdingnagian flight time"

This new drone has all the features of the MM2, 10km range etc; plus 6X zoom, HDR Mode, front, back and down obstacle avoidance sensors, and an (?alledged¿) 40 minute flight time (which I find hard to believe) Wonder how good it will be in reality? Your thoughts?
Companies taught great specs (you know to sell them), but what is real world.

6X zoom - if digital like DJI's - once you get to 4x, it's getting iffy on quality and that is at 1080p.

With all those sensors and stuff - won't it be OVER the 250g rule? If so, then not a competitor of MM2, but maybe Air2 / Air2S.

It could have all it claims and more, come in $100 less than the Mini 2 and fly 10 minutes longer, but if it does not have FCC certification and the other regulating bodies certs from the EU and others, it still won't be a threat to the Mini 2. Without the certifications, operating the drone in some countries could be expensive if caught. Recreational users could be at risk of large fines and even possible loss of liberty. Professional operators would have those risks, plus risk their license(s) and more. Maybe things have changed, but companies like Hubsan, Fimi, etc, usually do not spend the time, money or effort to get these certifications. Yes, one may get away with it, fly an uncertified drone and operate an uncertified radio TX\RX, but here the FCC is said to be cracking down on devices that require certifications but do not have them.

Because competition is a primary(if not the primary) motivator to improving a product or service, I am all for DJI getting more competition and wish it. However, Outside of China, I doubt DJI worries much about those who only play the making/selling game. I doubt DJI worries much about companies who don't quite finish a drone, and by finish, I mean certified and legal for operation in some of the largest markets on Earth.

For the record, I hope companies like Hubsan and Fimi make a liar out of me. Because if sold with certifications, I will more strongly consider their drones.

There is no way to give a reasonable opinion on this until the drone is actually in someone's hand to review and compare it.
ABSOLUTELY!!! cuz I remember when the OG HUBSAN ZINO was announced it also was going to be the DJI MAVIC KILLER well as we all well know that didn't happen and please don't take me wrong they're ok drones but nothing compared to DJI drones and like he said it all needs to wait until the HUBSAN MINI comes out and who knows it could hit it out of the park I would like to see a good legit review for it to know for sure. God Bless You Guys ✝️ Sincerely Clay B.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest