DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will the Smart Controller work with the Mavic Air 2?

Tom25

Reactions
Hello,

I purchased a Smart Controller in hopes of using it on a Mavic Air 2, but I couldn't it to work. Yet, I still like the idea of using the Smart Controller as it has a much brighter screen than my Iphone 6s. Dispite the much heavier weight.

In any case, please let me know if it works with the Mavic Air 2? And if so, if there are any tricks to linking them. Or would you guys recommend sticking with the standard controller and Apple 6S.

Sincerely,
Tom

DJI claims they are eventually updating the Smart Controller firmware to work with the Mavic Air 2, but as of now, we don't have a firm date for when that update will be released.

DJI claims they are eventually updating the Smart Controller firmware to work with the Mavic Air 2, but as of now, we don't have a firm date for when that update will be released.

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

I'm happy to tell you that the Smart Remote will soon be compatible with Mavic Air 2. For further information, please follow the DJI website for updates.

sKXlFZVV6hfmf3w2SKIBLJXZnwdsPcSb1HTfQhzlPEMS-HUj9rrjmqyxoCHBT9666Omv1twO_oxV7Ls-4ZiDvB2uRa6-MF31A1P00mZ6ONRWvBfwWMLL1gbkRsH1CIJ_DeE5MvIbT8VcsF91es4ghOo=s0-d-e1-ft

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for choosing DJI! Have a great day!

Viele Grüße / Best Regards,
Elizabeth Burke
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

I'm happy to tell you that the Smart Remote will soon be compatible with Mavic Air 2. For further information, please follow the DJI website for updates.

sKXlFZVV6hfmf3w2SKIBLJXZnwdsPcSb1HTfQhzlPEMS-HUj9rrjmqyxoCHBT9666Omv1twO_oxV7Ls-4ZiDvB2uRa6-MF31A1P00mZ6ONRWvBfwWMLL1gbkRsH1CIJ_DeE5MvIbT8VcsF91es4ghOo=s0-d-e1-ft

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for choosing DJI! Have a great day!

Viele Grüße / Best Regards,
Elizabeth Burke
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

Thanks for your response. By soon, are we talking days, weeks, or months? And lastly, are you planning on adding a trip plotter or nav app of some kind, like the other Mavic products have? As it would be nice to set the route then sit back with a beer or two in your hand as it does it's job. I'm kidding about the beer. LOL

Is this update ever actually coming??
The only reason I haven't purchased a Mavic Air 2 is because I don't like to use my smartphone while flying - I would rather a separate self contained unit and the smart controller would be perfect. I'm not sure what the hold up is?!

Reactions: Simond101 and Tom25
Is this update ever actually coming??
The only reason I haven't purchased a Mavic Air 2 is because I don't like to use my smartphone while flying - I would rather a separate self contained unit and the smart controller would be perfect. I'm not sure what the hold up is?!
Funny, I purchased a Smart controller for the Mavic Air 2, only to find out it doesn't work with it YET. So I returned it, for now. The one thing I did notice about the smart controller was the weight, it is heavy. Which surprised me.

Reactions: Ifti
There are rumors in the DJI forum that the firmware will be released together with the Mavic 3 release because both will work in DJI Fly app.

I guess I am thinking it will be more sooner than later. The writing is on the wall given they just updated the M2 series with the protocol Occusync of the MA2 distance in the latest firmware.
That would mean they are indeed working on it, and trying to dot the "t's" and cross the "i's" or something like that :p So those of us flying a M2 with a SC are left hanging as well to take advantage of the new firmware. I am projecting (Like I know anything) This month (Sept.) ;)

Not sure why anyone would buy a SC without knowing what it works with...it's pretty common knowledge?? I mean it's right on the MA2 page, but not judging.:oops:

I hope you are right because i am dying to use the SC with the MA2.

Soon. What does that mean? Weeks, Months, Days? The MA2 has ben out for months now, reviews say it will be compatible with the SC, with future update. I ordered the MA2 the other day and without thinking I ordered the SC today. Thankfully it hit me, hey it doesn’t work and won’t till when? Soon.

I canceled the order. This is going to hurt them in my opinion. Saying soon is like someday...They know when it will be released. And if it was days or even weeks I suspect we all would know. I’m thinking at least 2021? Could that be possible? I did see where someone is predicting this month, well September. If we knew it would be within a month that at least would be nice to know.

I did purchase this knowing the SC will work with it, and it will. I am just not one to be patient is all. I would rather they take what time they need. We don’t need MA2’s dropping out of the sky or flying away.

Soon. What does that mean? Weeks, Months, Days? The MA2 has ben out for months now, reviews say it will be compatible with the SC, with future update. I ordered the MA2 the other day and without thinking I ordered the SC today. Thankfully it hit me, hey it doesn’t work and won’t till when? Soon.

I canceled the order. This is going to hurt them in my opinion. Saying soon is like someday...They know when it will be released. And if it was days or even weeks I suspect we all would know. I’m thinking at least 2021? Could that be possible? I did see where someone is predicting this month, well September. If we knew it would be within a month that at least would be nice to know.

I did purchase this knowing the SC will work with it, and it will. I am just not one to be patient is all. I would rather they take what time they need. We don’t need MA2’s dropping out of the sky or flying away.
Funny... I ordered my SC shortly after ordering the MA2, only to return it after finding out it wasn't compatible. But I'm still planning on purchasing it once the MA2 has been updated.

I guess I am thinking it will be more sooner than later. The writing is on the wall given they just updated the M2 series with the protocol Occusync of the MA2 distance in the latest firmware.
That would mean they are indeed working on it, and trying to dot the "t's" and cross the "i's" or something like that :p So those of us flying a M2 with a SC are left hanging as well to take advantage of the new firmware. I am projecting (Like I know anything) This month (Sept.) ;)

Not sure why anyone would buy a SC without knowing what it works with...it's pretty common knowledge?? I mean it's right on the MA2 page, but not judging.:oops:
Funny, I recently purchased a Mavic Air 2, then a week later it elevated into a tree on a RTH attempt. Hopefully the Mavic Air 3 will have an upper sensor as mentioned in the above post. Time will tell.

I was late to the party on the SC purchase as well. I was looking forward to using it with my MA2, but am losing faith that it will happen. Fortunately I can still use it with the M2P.

I am thinking that the SC for the MA2 will come out soon, as they put it, when they come out with the MA3. I think they will hit this market with a Mavic Air 3 and SC bundle. And in doing so they will have the SC compatible at that time with the MA2.

The thing with DJI unlike say Apple, you don't know when they are coming out with what. Every September there is a new line of iPhone for example, you can count on that. DJI, not so much. I pulled the trigger and bought the MA2 which hasn't even arrived yet. Not doing me due diligence. I read where the SC will be coming in an software update. That made me think this drone has been out for a couple of months now, the software is probably already been installed.

I was wrong, obviously. After ordering the SC on whim. I canceled it the next day after reading the reviews here, thank goodness. Thank you for the information shared here. For newer drone pilots this is a must to have. I think it would be a PR nightmare for them to come out with a firmware update only to come out with the MA3 with a SC still this year.

Like I said, you don't know what you don't know about DJI. You can go on any of their forums and ask and you get the standard" a firmware update is coming soon". Soon. Soon as in days, weeks, months, or next year?

Does anyone think they could be coming out with the MA3 with the SC and will then have the firmware for the MA2 be compatible? Inquiring minds wanna know....thanks.

I don't see a MA3 just yet. The MA2 is still too new to warrant a MA3. They will probably release a full on Mavic 3 before the Air....

Waiting for SC compatibility with the MA2 is like waiting for GoPro to release the Display Mod they promised with their Hero 8 camera a year ago!!!

Reactions: Rick Phelps
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC