DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will these goggles work with Mavic - Quantum FPV?

Empie

Reactions
Hi there,

Being unhappy with the resolution of the VR goggles that take a phone & work with apps that deliver just a small part of the screen (& pixels) to each eye, I've been searching for other options without selling my soul to buy the DJI Goggles.

Is there any reason this won't work - swapping out the stock monitor from Quantum DIY FPV Goggle V2 Pro , & swapping in a phone (ideally the Samsung Galaxy S6 I use with DJI Go 4)?

The only real issue I can imagine is with the stock monitor being 5" & the phone being 5.5", some image around the edges won't be visible.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Reactions: SkunkWerx's
Thanks msinger. The electronics won't work, though by swapping out the monitor, & in the phone - will everything else work - e.g. focal length?

Reactions: Flying Images
So, you want to put your phone inside of those goggles? I don't think that's going to work well.

Try holding your phone about 8 inches from your face. Can you see it clearly? If not, you're not going to be able to see it clearly if you manage to rig it up in those goggles.

Same thing with the stock monitor - the only way it can be seen clearly 8 inches from the face is with the adjustable lens between the two. The more I think about it the more I see no reason it won't work with a phone. Though it seems few, if anyone has actually tried this with a phone.

People have been doing this for quite some time with VR goggles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO