DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will this wind ever drop!

Gobuchul

Reactions
I'm in NE England, the wind has not dropped below 20 kts for weeks now. That's at ground level and not allowing for gusts.

Looking at the long range forecast there doesn't appear to be any let up, in fact it gets worse the end of this week!

I got my MPP in January and at first had some really good weather, now I just can't get out to fly. Roll on summer!

I feel your pain, only windy March to get through!
My M2 has only been out once since Christmas, but to be fair there would have been odd days not impossible.
We do usually get a few fairly calm frosty days with some snow cover and that's a good time for aerial video, could easily still happen yet of course and light levels and day length are rapidly increasing

Reactions: old man mavic
I’m in Yorkshire and equally fed up. If it’s not windy, it’s throwing it down. If it’s not throwing it down it’s snowing. Sometimes it’s all three.

I'm in the SE and I have only flown my drone twice since I purchased it.
After it caught an unexpected gust of wind it has sat beside me in my shack.
The time has been spent well, photographing when not raining. Also sat the CAA exam, ordered stickers for the drone and a drone ID card.
Just need the wind to drop.

Reactions: old man mavic
i am the same last flew Feb 2nd no luck since then, might get a couple of batts through the MPP tomorrow, if its not too windy fingers crossed, the MM no chance, we will have to have our own section and call it when did you last fly

Dnn't worry about the wind. 20 knots is about 30 km/hr. MPP can fly at 60 km/hr. Ignore the warning messages, put the bird in sports mode and go! I regularly fly in 20 knots and have even done so in 30 knots. The constant warning messages are a nuisance.

Reactions: Mrmund
I agree, do not worry too much about the wind. I flew my M2 for a test in strong wind and in Cape Town, we very seldom have calm days here. So I decided to test how it handled a good wind, it was not only strong but very gusty. It was a lot better than my Phantom 4 Pro was.

Video attached

I was photographing windmills here in Michigan a few days ago with my M2P, and kept getting high wind warnings even though the drone performed fine. Does anyone know what wind speed will trigger this warning?

Dnn't worry about the wind. 20 knots is about 30 km/hr. MPP can fly at 60 km/hr. Ignore the warning messages, put the bird in sports mode and go! I regularly fly in 20 knots and have even done so in 30 knots. The constant warning messages are a nuisance.

We've had winds between 50 and 90 mph in the UK for about a month now, even my larger drones can't cope with those ;)

Done a little flying over water around steetley pier near hartlepool, some dry runs over beach to empty my reel of 200m of line, a couple of dropping trips over water so far ok, awaiting tests in anger.

Done a little flying over water around steetley pier near hartlepool, some dry runs over beach to empty my reel of 200m of line, a couple of dropping trips over water so far ok, awaiting tests in anger.

I'm not into fishing, but that’s a great use for a drone. Good luck!

Not had a chance to fly my M2P at all yet in Essex UK due to weather but I’m seriously doubting if I should have even bought the thing as it seems so hard to find a suitable location to fly with all the restrictions. It’s starting to lose its appeal.

If anyone in the UK in Essex has some good locations then please list them on here?

Maybe the sites and Apps that tell us where we can’t fly would be better of by telling us where we can.

Useful video by Robwag. I have always been cautious of high winds with my P3A. I am in Shropshire near flooded windy Shrewsbury but after seeing the vid maybe have a go at a flight.

Maybe the sites and Apps that tell us where we can’t fly would be better of by telling us where we can.

Good point, but whenever I take off I just ask the landowner if I can have permission to take off. 9 times out of ten they don't mind.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett