DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wind tried to take my Mini away

hashfly

Reactions
This is how easy it is to lose a mini, I had the mini hovering above the skatepark when a gust kicked up, it had already travelled 20-30 ft before I started recording.

I am basically pressing hard forward pitch and full down on left stick the entire time in this vid

They seriously need to increase the pitch angle allowed in sport or an emergency mode. My 25g whoop flies better in wind than the Mini

Would be interesting to see the flight log from this ... suspecting that this isn't only the result of a to strong gust.

Check out here how to retrieve the mobile device TXT log (read under point 3) --> Flight log retrieval and analysis guide

The rise in altitude was the most alarming part. This was about 100 flights ago so I'd have to go digging in my airdata. no promises but I'll try

Reactions: slup
That wind be howling. Good save and lesson learned.?

In the future, if you start getting wind warnings on fairly calm days or start getting load warnings with no load, change props. Cures it.? Sounds like you’re already passed that point of the learning curve but others might heed. Stay safe.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3