DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Windows 7 not remembering display settings for folders on phones (Android), any ideas for a fix?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I will just give this a go here to see if anyone has any ideas for a fix.
I have found various articles saying to change the number of files for which Windows will remember folder setting, you change values in something with a name like bru-something and I have tried that but it had no noticeable effect, I believe the default value is 5,000 and I have set it to the maximum of 20,000.
The folders still often open to the "tile" view or something where as I want "details",
Please don't suggest Windows 10, I LOATH it.

Have yout tried resetting folder view settings?
Could be some bug.
And here's one possible cause of problem/solution:
Here's something else:

Well, you may hate Windows 10, but if you value your security at all, Windows 7 is unsupported, its end of life was almost 2 years ago.. So your problem could be one of many that remain in that OS since there is no added patches or fixes or security patches coming out for it..

Thanks guys and yes I had tried the reset and the "BagMRU Size" thing, my "bru-something" ( I nearly got the name correct)

Philius! I can't believe someone who has daringly done inflight shut downs would be afraid to upgrade to Windows 10

I am not afraid to upgrade, I 'did', I just hate the chuffing thing. LOL
It's on this laptop along with Linux and this Win 7. It max's out my cpu and disk half the time, does up dates when I don't want them and then I have to wait half an hour to shut down or boot etc etc etc. And it comes up with all sorts of menus that are not to my liking.

Reactions: hiflyer201
I am not afraid to upgrade, I 'did', I just hate the chuffing thing. LOL
It's on this laptop along with Linux and this Win 7. It max's out my cpu and disk half the time, does up dates when I don't want them and then I have to wait half an hour to shut down or boot etc etc etc. And it comes up with all sorts of menus that are not to my liking.
There is no doubt that the requirements for Win 10 are higher if your computer is a few years old or was a less expensive model with a slower CPU. However you might be able to compensate a little if you can add more RAM to it... or if it does not have an SSD, if you can upgrade that from an older HD and add memory, you may breathe some new life into it for a while..

Memory is already maxed out, Fujitisu AH530 so 'ancient' lol
Well, now that you noted the model, and that it was released in 2010, I think its time to seriously consider an upgrade.. You can go cheap, or you can go best, whatever fits your budget, but chances are, any new computer will give you more oomph than that Fujitsu..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1