DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Windows Movie Maker

Dingdong

Reactions
Will WMM be ok for basic editing of videos? Does anyone else use WMM and have they done upgrades?

Pretty old school stuf..
Lots of new FREE options avail.
I use Movie Studio Platinum myself.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I'm STILL using iMovie on the ipad (or phone) to do most of my editing :rolleyes:
I like using DJI editor in Go4 to add music, just their standard (and very limited) assortment of tunes.

I wonder if I'll EVER find time to get onto more editing practice and improving on this.
Small cost apps like LumaFusion are very powerful, can handle 4k, and cost is pretty low for what you get (AUD$47).
After you exhaust the free music options, or want something more suitable for a video, their Storyblocks yearly sub gives almost unlimited music options.

If you have a quick learning of such things, you could do quite well with a desktop using Davinci Resolve too !
Free music sites like Bensound are there for free or low cost music downloading.

Reminds me, I downloaded one to my other laptop called OpenShot.
If you can get vids onto a desktop or laptop, this programme has also had good feedback from users here.
I haven't opened it yet, but will have to have a peek sometime soon.

DO a search here on the forum, no joke there must be dozens of recent threads asking what's the best / free / easiest video editor, limit search to past month or two and you will find some good reading to see what others here use.

Reactions: PAW
Reactions: projectarjun
I use WMM and Premiere Elements. In my opinion, WMM works fine for very basic editing and trimming of small clips. Premiere Elements was quick to pick up and I enjoy the overwhelming options and fun things to play around with.

Thanks.....good advice there....I found Vegas too complicated for me.....I know my way round WMM.....

Windows Movie Maker This powerful and easy-to-use video editing software is compatible with Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 7. Windows Xp, Vista and the old version work with the older version. Windows Movie Maker includes features like transitions, titles/credits and audio tracks.Auto Movie. You can create new effects and transitions, and modify existing ones using XML code. Windows Movie Maker can also be used to edit audio tracks. Windows Movie Maker allows you to apply basic effects to audio tracks, such as fade in and fade out. You can export the audio tracks as a sound file, instead of a video here

I used to use Windows Movie Maker until Microsoft discontinued support several years ago. I then migrated to iMovie, but because I was using predominantly PC's, I opted for Adobe Premiere Pro, always learning something new. Thanks to Apple's M1 processors, I've been able to experiment with Final Cut Pro on Mac Mini and MacBook Air :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore