DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Winter at Mima Mounds and the Black River

IlluminationsfromtheAttic

Reactions

The cold light of late November shines down the prairies and marshes that carpet the rolling countryside south of Puget Sound. The dark waters of Black River shine like bright mirrors as it winds its meandering way through vast and mysterious marshes. As the day comes to a close, the ancient and enigmatic mounds of the strange Mima Mounds cast long shadows across the landscape. These rare and endangered ecosystems are filled with a unique and gentle beauty.

I wanted to capture more footage of these amazing locations, but the cold air sapped my batteries, and the wind made flying at all a dicey proposition. Also, on the second day of filming my Mavic 2 Zoom was experiencing connection issues that prevented me from flying at all.

If you enjoyed the video, check out the photo gallery I posted on my blog: Mima Mounds and the Black River on a sunny Winter day.

Nice Vid..

Amazing. I knew nothing of these mysterious structures. Glad you posted this well done video as an introduction ...

Had to watch again. Relatives of mine grew up in Washington and never saw nor heard of Mina Mounds. Can you walk on them ... or are they porous or unstable?

Had to watch again. Relatives of mine grew up in Washington and never saw nor heard of Mina Mounds. Can you walk on them ... or are they porous or unstable?
They are very solid - the preserve has several miles of trails. In the spring the landscape turns into a rolling sea of blue camas flowers.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake