DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Winter Blues

MavicAir2Marc

Premium Pilot
Reactions
It must be the winter blues that many of us aren't able to get out and fly as of late. I've noticed a lot of animosity towards each other in a lot of the posts and replies lately. The main reasons I came to this forum in the first place was the level of knowledge and the people that are generally helpful and considerate. I leave the trolls to the Facebook groups. Can we all just think about how we answer a little more and be considerate of other people's opinions? I know we don't all think the same way but we do have the common passion of the joy of flying our drones no matter the model or the faults of one model to another. The world already has enough hate in it for it to spread here. The moderators do an awesome job every day. Just a little more understanding and compassion for each other goes a long way in keeping this the best forums for drones out there. I'll get off of my soapbox now. Everyone have a great day whether or not you're flying (weather permitting).

It must be the winter blues that many of us aren't able to get out and fly as of late. I've noticed a lot of animosity towards each other in a lot of the posts and replies lately. The main reasons I came to this forum in the first place was the level of knowledge and the people that are generally helpful and considerate. I leave the trolls to the Facebook groups. Can we all just think about how we answer a little more and be considerate of other people's opinions? I know we don't all think the same way but we do have the common passion of the joy of flying our drones no matter the model or the faults of one model to another. The world already has enough hate in it for it to spread here. The moderators do an awesome job every day. Just a little more understanding and compassion for each other goes a long way in keeping this the best forums for drones out there. I'll get off of my soapbox now. Everyone have a great day whether or not you're flying (weather permitting).
What he said 😁

If you have a problem with someone there is the ignore option and if that is not enough then report the post.
Rule #14. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.

Trust me I know very well sometimes its hard to follow that rule but we all even moderators have to follow it.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
I'm grounded at least through Sunday. The high temp today is only going to be 31º F, and the low tonight is scheduled to be 6º F.

:-(

TCS

So why are you grounded? Looks like perfect winter temps to go flying to me.
Not any more.

I've actually been sort of a polar bear most of my life in terms of cold, but now, I'm more into comfort. If the temp is less than 45º F, 50º F if there's any wind at all, then I'll be watching drone vids rather than creating them.

I've never had any inclination to fly my Mini-2 in the house, but I'm now considering it. I get solid GPS signals outside, so I may get usable signal inside. But what does a Mini-2 do if you tell it to take off with no GPS? Does it still hover decently? Or does it wander around?

Thx,

TCS

Most GPS drones when flying in the house with no GPS will drift. I always found they tend to drift backwards for some reason. I used to fly lots of cheap China mini drones when I first started learning how to fly. It helps you with your stick control for sure.
Living where I do If I wait for the above 32 degree temps I will be waiting another 2 months before flying LOL This is my pool in the back yard. Going to be a while before I use it. 🙃
20220223_104248.jpg

Well said sir!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair