DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wire clip for tablet

Crispjon

Reactions
I have made a wire clip to hold my tablet on to the controller. Could the tablet shield the antennas from the drone if it is directly above me. Am I right to be concerned?
I normally use the skyreat holder but if I can carry one less item that's good.IMG_20201224_160328.jpgIMG_20201224_161931.jpg

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
When your r/c aircraft is straight above you that is the weakest signal strength IF you keep the antenna pointed forward. Think of the radio waves as a doughnut shaped with the hole in the middle. That hole is straight above you when the antenna is pointed forward. I think that yes, it will degrade the signal even more, but how much, only a test will tell. All you would have to do would be to tip your controller back so your tablet is vertical, thus pointing your antenna upward if you are flying straight above and as you move away just lower the angle of your antenna. I too like to use a tablet, but would probably consider a different design.

I tried it out today at 120m ht right above and signal the remote indicated was fine. Not tried long distance but I'm not one to test the limits. I've made a neater one now, ss welding rods are very useful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000