DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wireless hdmi use with TV ?

Can you explain how you want to use it ?

Are you trying to cast from the DJI goggles to a TV ?

It would be easier to cast from the device that has the Flight app on it.

Last edited:
Since the goggles only have an HDMI input I assume you want to go from a source to the goggles wirelessly. I do not have the goggles (although I am planning to buy them soon) but I do have a wireless HDMI link I use to connect a TV where I do not have a cable connection available. This should work fine with the caveat that some devices transmit information about the display capabilities back to the source but I’m not sure whether this will cause any problems in this case.

Thank you for your replies. I thought was to place a wireless HDMI transmitter on my TV and broadcast to the goggles with an HDMI receiver.

Thank you for your replies. I thought was to place a wireless HDMI transmitter on my TV and broadcast to the goggles with an HDMI receiver.

Ah right, so you want to cast from a TV to the goggles through wireless connection.

As I don't think you can side load any apps onto the goggles, you'll have to go with this sort of solution

Your going to need a TV with HDMI output or a set top box to connect to the HDMI transmitter
This solution is a bit redundant as you will still need a cable to connect the goggles to the HDMI receiver
Also the quality is poor

Why not just connect the goggles via a long hdmi cable directly to the STB or the TV with the HDMI output.
This would be easier and would provide a much higher quality image (wireless solution example is only 720x576)

For me the wireless image quality would be a show stopper

I agree with Iannes. The direct cable might be just as convenient. My HDMI receiver is 3-4 inches across and an inch thick. Although, I believe that mine is 1080p so no quality concerns.

Thank you very much for the input and Link. Yes I think I may just go with a cable. Best wishes and happy New Year to everyone !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots