DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wireless mic for my mini3 rc

tahoejeff

Reactions
Has anyone purchased an inexpensive wireless mic that does work with the mini3 rc? The Android usb-c mic I purchased on Ebay has so far not been working. Yes, it's plugged into the host port. Yes I have updated firmware. Could just be operator error.
I know I want to set the Dji RC to 'record screen'. When I choose this option, it says 'internal storage is running out of space'. Does this mean it's not using my micro sd card? I did just see something like 'setup SD card' and did set it up, but didn't make a difference.

Attachments

• IMG_20230524_185405.jpg
    IMG_20230524_185405.jpg
    586.6 KB · Views: 14
Did I perhaps post this in a dead zone where nobody sees it, or is it just an obscure question?

Did you do a Google search for information?
Does DJI have such a microphone?

I use the DJI Mic, although it won't plug into a drone controller (it can plug into other cameras or your phone, just not a drone controller). But that functionality seems a bit superfluous because I wouldn't think that perfect time-synching would be needed since you're probably not filming yourself talking with your drone. The DJI Mic can just record onto its onboard storage and then you can add the audio track to your video later. You buy just one mic on its own or you can buy the two-mic set with a receiver. There are similar systems out there that are cheaper, but DJI Mic generally gets the best reviews.

Reactions: tahoejeff
Did you do a Google search for information?
Does DJI have such a microphone?
Yes, searched and watched several videos of people doing this. I guess I'm back to the videos, watching for specific hardware. The mic DJI sells for $329 apparently isn't made for the drone remotes.

When I want my voice recorded I do it with my phone and sync it with the screen and drone recordings in Premiere. And sometimes an action camera on a head mount.

When I want my voice recorded I do it with my phone and sync it with the screen and drone recordings in Premiere. And sometimes an action camera on a head mount.
Thank you. I guess that's an option if I can't get this to work.

Yes, searched and watched several videos of people doing this. I guess I'm back to the videos, watching for specific hardware. The mic DJI sells for $329 apparently isn't made for the drone remotes.
Drone Valley has a $49 wireless option designed just for this. Just ordered one but have not received it yet but watching their video I believe it will work fine. "How to record audio on your DJI controller'
I do not know how to do the link thing but you should be able to copy and paste to a search bar.

Reactions: SethB and tahoejeff
Drone Valley has a $49 wireless option designed just for this. Just ordered one but have not received it yet but watching their video I believe it will work fine. "How to record audio on your DJI controller'
I do not know how to do the link thing but you should be able to copy and paste to a search bar.
Thanks! That's actually one of the videos I had watched. If it turns out I have more use for audio recording, I will likely pick up their hardware.

Has anyone purchased an inexpensive wireless mic that does work with the mini3 rc? The Android usb-c mic I purchased on Ebay has so far not been working. Yes, it's plugged into the host port. Yes I have updated firmware. Could just be operator error.
I know I want to set the Dji RC to 'record screen'. When I choose this option, it says 'internal storage is running out of space'. Does this mean it's not using my micro sd card? I did just see something like 'setup SD card' and did set it up, but didn't make a difference.
@tahoejeff - With my DJI RC, I use a USB C wireless Lavalier mic similar to the ones pictured below. (You can use wired). I wanted it to be compatible with most devices but they are also available without all the different plugs and just the C USB. It's plugged as you said into the "HOST" port and I only use BT earbuds if I want to hear the recording played back on the DJI RC. Note that you don't hear your audio in the BT earbuds when recording but it is saved to your mSD card.
The screen recording is recorded on your micro SD but you can access it on the DJI RC in the Shared Storage. Go to Settings / Storage / Internal shared storage / Photos & videos / Images / Movies
Hope that helps.

usb c wireless lavalier mics.jpg

• Love
@tahoejeff - With my DJI RC, I use a USB C wireless Lavalier mic similar to the ones pictured below. (You can use wired). I wanted it to be compatible with most devices but they are also available without all the different plugs and just the C USB. It's plugged as you said into the "HOST" port and I only use BT earbuds if I want to hear the recording played back on the DJI RC. Note that you don't hear your audio in the BT earbuds when recording but it is saved to your mSD card.
The screen recording is recorded on your micro SD but you can access it on the DJI RC in the Shared Storage. Go to Settings / Storage / Internal shared storage / Photos & videos / Images / Movies
Hope that helps.

View attachment 164603
Thank you for the very helpful answer!

I had the same problem. Cheap €3 usb-c mic didnt work-no sound.Icon on rc ok.
Bought a €25 mic usb-c (Wired) A-ok.Works fine,if not a little quiet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123