DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wishlist? What firmware functions do you want for the MA2

volition

Reactions
I have had the drone for over a week now and I have a few little gripes. The drone is fantastic, adding zoom & advanced gimbal settings this week, well that was cool. So what is everyone’s Wishlist. I’ll edit this post as worthy replies come in and are liked enough times,

My Wishlist
1. Route Waypoints (plus ability to import someway from say a txt file)
a. Including hyper lapse waypoint editing & importing (which has the task library already)
2. Volume settings - settings to adjust the volume on warnings & sounds (DJI might need a disclaimer on that one to get through)
3. In hyperlapse waypoint mode (non8k) have zoom settings for each waypoint act like keyframes

User contributions
a. Add exposure control to gimbal wheel as a function @hiflyer201
b. Smart Controller capability @RolandSchlangen
c. Zoom function in quickshots @RolandSchlangen
d. Courselock in normal flight @InvisibleName
e. Camera Pan with the gimbal wheel as function @Bifop
f. Display video/photo settings in auto mode @Ice_2k
g. Max Shutter speed setting @Ice_2k
h. Ultrasonic sound emission as bird deterrent @Rchawks

what do you want within the hardware capabilities for the MA2?

Last edited:
I like being able to change the exposure with the gimbal wheel on the Air 1, but the FLY app has the exposure in a very handy position.

Reactions: Lugh65
I have had the drone for over a week now and I have a few little gripes. The drone is fantastic, adding zoom & advanced gimbal settings this week, well that was cool. So what is everyone’s Wishlist. I’ll edit this post as worthy replies come in and are liked enough times,

here is the first few I’ll add more in as I think worthy

1.a. Including hyper lapse waypoint editing & importing (which has the task library already)
2. Volume settings - settings to adjust the volume on warnings & sounds (DJI might need a disclaimer on that one to get through)

Gripes, seriously??? This being your first drone as a new drone flyer, you should be impressed with the technology and features you get at this price point. Perhaps you should spend some effort learning how the drone works and all its features before asking for more. And when you get to that point, just enjoy what you have infront of you. For the money, this drone cannot be beaten.

As for your number 2, the volume of the verbal warnings/notifications can be adjusted with the volume controls of your smartphone/tablet. It's the beeping of the RC that cannot be modified at the moment.

+1 for both 1 and 1a points.
additional:
- smartcontroller usage (is announced by DJI)
- maken use of the new zoom capabilities in scenes (rocket, small world, boomerang etc)
- Not a firmware but rather a hardware upgrade: larger battery capacity

Camera pan with the gimble wheel and the rec mode button. Like the new zoom feature.

Gripes, seriously??? This being your first drone as a new drone flyer, you should be impressed with the technology and features you get at this price point. Perhaps you should spend some effort learning how the drone works and all its features before asking for more. And when you get to that point, just enjoy what you have infront of you. For the money, this drone cannot be beaten.

As for your number 2, the volume of the verbal warnings/notifications can be adjusted with the volume controls of your smartphone/tablet. It's the beeping of the RC that cannot be modified at the moment.

. I love this drone I’m having an absolute blast so much so I keep thinking of ways to love it even more. Don’t get me wrong it’s not criticism. Just some things I’d love to add to it. All within the realms of the hardware as far as I can judge.

yeah I wouldn’t mind turning down the volume on the warnings on the craft just for me personally.i also saw a thread of a guy willing to drill into the controller to dull the buzzer. I know that’s going to continue to annoy me, I find the warnings a bit jarring. Having a setting allows for Users to personalise it to their taste. You could even adjust the volume automatically on the drone if it’s located close to the pilot.

What features would you like?

Wanting to improve it doesn’t mean it’s bad. Well not in my eyes. And maybe we might be creative enough to come up with some super features not considered. I won’t most likely, but maybe some of the experienced clever guys might. Going through the forums, there are some seriously smart and informed people here . I am picking up so much here. I’m a pretty experienced RC car racer and really loving this.

+1 for both 1 and 1a points.
additional:
- smartcontroller usage (is announced by DJI)
- maken use of the new zoom capabilities in scenes (rocket, small world, boomerang etc)
- Not a firmware but rather a hardware upgrade: larger battery capacity

yes the zoom on quickshots

you know what might be cool too is in hyper lapse waypoint mode you could set zoom for each point and they could act like keyframes as well. Obviously that wouldn’t work on 8k. Have to be a lower res.

Reactions: Bifop
Blimey, the MA was around 15/16 mins. The MA2 leaps to over 30 mins..... and you want more?! That’s just plain greedy! ?
Yeah, call it greedy but I think with all the new features DJI is putting in the firmware a longer battery life is not greedy but neccesairy. And with the always increasing technology and innovations I bet battery life could be significantly increased and still using the current housing dimensions of the batteries.

yes the zoom on quickshots

you know what might be cool too is in hyper lapse waypoint mode you could set zoom for each point and they could act like keyframes as well. Obviously that wouldn’t work on 8k. Have to be a lower res.
Yes, that would be a cool usage of the zoom function

- seeing video/photo settings in AUTO mode
- being able to set a maximum shutter speed for auto video mode and HDR (I hate that HDR goes as low as 1/30 as soon as there's a dark area somewhere, everything gets so blurry. ISO 200 and SS 1/60 would be worlds better than ISO 100 and SS 1/30).

Reactions: Bifop and Sripey

My Wishlist
a. Including hyper lapse waypoint editing & importing (which has the task library already)
3. In hyperlapse waypoint mode (non8k) have zoom settings for each waypoint act like keyframes

User contributions
a. Add exposure control to gimbal wheel as a function @hiflyer201
b. Smart Controller capability @RolandSchlangen
c. Zoom function in quickshots @RolandSchlangen
d. Courselock in normal flight @InvisibleName
e. Camera Pan with the gimbal wheel as function @Bifop
f. Display video/photo settings in auto mode @Ice_2k
g. Max Shutter speed setting @Ice_2k
h. Ultrasonic sound emission as bird deterrent @Rchawks

Bigger numbers on the sats and battery.

I'll concur with:
"a. Add exposure control to gimbal wheel as a function @hiflyer201"
I find the location of the exposure compensation only on the screen to be a big detriment. I have to take a hand off the sticks to adjust it, and its location in the lower right is very difficult to reach when either a phone or a Mini is mounted in the holder.
Personally, I would rather have exposure compensation on the Fn+Scroll Wheel combination than digital zoom. At least give us a choice among those two options in the app settings that we can switch between.

Reactions: volition
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters