DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro With my MP2 in Germany

Unconnected

Reactions
Viewing all of your beautiful drone footage here on the forum, I'd like to give something back. I know the video is pretty long but it was mostly edited for me, my friends and my parents who came along with me on this summer vacaction trip in Germany :) Enjoy!

Open for all tips and tricks by the way! :p

Viewing all of your beautiful drone footage here on the forum, I'd like to give something back. I know the video is pretty long but it was mostly edited for me, my friends and my parents who came along with me on this summer vacaction trip in Germany :) Enjoy!

Hi, your "pretty long video" is well done. Thumbswayup :)

Reactions: Unconnected
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Unconnected

Thanks for sharing , it's very scenic and soothing.
I'm also planning a family holiday in Germany next year February, and am thinking of bringing my MA2 along. If you could share your experience of what to look out for when flying drones, that would be very helpful and appreciated.
Many thanks!

Thanks for sharing , it's very scenic and soothing.
I'm also planning a family holiday in Germany next year February, and am thinking of bringing my MA2 along. If you could share your experience of what to look out for when flying drones, that would be very helpful and appreciated.
Many thanks!
Germany isn't that strict when flying drones. Just look at the no-fly zones in the Airmap app and take into account the european rules (height of max 120 meter, 30 meters from cities etc). I do think that even for a foreigner, the EASA drone license is necessary:

But honestly, so far I have never had to show it to anyone, nor had any complaints when flying. Most of the people here in Europe are kind people ;) Just show then what you see with your drone and offer them to send then some of your photos helps a lot. Where In Germany are you planing to go? My trip was all along the border with Austria (hence the mountains). Beautiful part of the country!

Germany isn't that strict when flying drones. Just look at the no-fly zones in the Airmap app and take into account the european rules (height of max 120 meter, 30 meters from cities etc). I do think that even for a foreigner, the EASA drone license is necessary:

But honestly, so far I have never had to show it to anyone, nor had any complaints when flying. Most of the people here in Europe are kind people ;) Just show then what you see with your drone and offer them to send then some of your photos helps a lot. Where In Germany are you planing to go? My trip was all along the border with Austria (hence the mountains). Beautiful part of the country!
Hi there, thanks for the helpful info, nice to know that the people there are generally more tolerant of drones, flown responsibly of course.
My trip will be in the south-eastern region (I think!), starting from Munich, then down to Murnau, & Partnach. After which i head up to Fussen, Augsburg, Dinkelsbuhl & Rothenberg. Then east to Nuremberg, down to Ingolstadt, and back to Munich. This is over 10 days. Is this over ambitious?
Thanks, and looking forward to hearing your feedback
Cheers!

Hi there, thanks for the helpful info, nice to know that the people there are generally more tolerant of drones, flown responsibly of course.
My trip will be in the south-eastern region (I think!), starting from Munich, then down to Murnau, & Partnach. After which i head up to Fussen, Augsburg, Dinkelsbuhl & Rothenberg. Then east to Nuremberg, down to Ingolstadt, and back to Munich. This is over 10 days. Is this over ambitious?
Thanks, and looking forward to hearing your feedback
Cheers!
no that distance can easily be done :p maybe you can also head to Berchtesgaden (more to the south east). Beautiful mountain views there (and Hitlers summer house). Also in Dachau there is a lot of 'war history' if you are into these kind of things (close to Munich). Passau (more to the ease, close to the border with Austria) is also a beautiful city. I spend the entire summer season in that region, so pretty! You can have a look at my instagram for some more photos/ideas if you like: https://www.instagram.com/unconnected ;)

Reactions: rwarrior
Hi there, thanks v much for the advice and recommendations for additional places to visit... I'll be sure to check them out..
Now all that remains is for the weather to cooperate (I hope it won't be a severe winter) and more importantly, that the covid pandemic subsides by then... fingers and toes crossed... 🙏
PS : also visited your Instagram..... man, you've done a ton of travelling... and captured it all very well... Thanks and have a great 2022!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e