DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wondering about which strobe lights? Read this article.

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I hadn't seen it before, but I came across an article that was published in March (2021) and it had a lot of useful information that I thought should be shared for those just now shopping for strobes, or for those who might want confirmation that the strobes they have will satisfy FAA requirements for night flight. I found the tables included most helpful as they provided a lot of useful data, particularly strobe weight that might be important to some. They did some practical independent actual visual testing and provided tips on how your strobes should be mounted.

FWIW I fly with strobes, day or night 99% of the time and find them indispensable even in the day.... maybe especially in the daylight. So if you're been considering purchasing a strobe or a kit you might find this information helpful.

7 Best Strobes for your drone

I bought the Firehouse Arc V from Amazon for night flying before I saw this post and I like it. I don't really see the strobe when flying though, unless the aircraft is pointed directly towards me, then I can see it.

I bought the Firehouse Arc V from Amazon for night flying before I saw this post and I like it. I don't really see the strobe when flying though, unless the aircraft is pointed directly towards me, then I can see it.
A lot has to do with where you attach the strobe. During the say I usually have a white one on the bottom and a red and green for directional guidance. Get a second one an put it on the bottom. At night with my Mavic 2 I usually fly with 4 Arc V lights. One of bottom, one on top and red/green on the arms. I have been able to keep LOS out as far as 10,000 feet.

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98