DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Won't connect to computer or bind to remote

JamaicaJohn

Reactions
After I restored the factory defaults to my Mavic Pro it will no longer connect to the computer. When I plug it back in with the same cable I have been using for weeks, it cycles on and off every second and won't connect to the computer. I have changed the cable to a new one. I have switched to a fully charged battery. I have removed the SD card. I have turned the computer and the drone on and off several times. And even worse, the drone will not connect with the remote control anymore. DJI Assistant 2 says the remote has version 01.03.0700 and that's what I wanted to load into my drone. But first I ran the factory defaults and had DJI Assistant 2 load them successfully into the drone but then it immediately started cycling on and off and could no longer be reached through the computer or the remote. I want to load the same release 01.03.0700 into my drone. Please help. Better than any description is my 10 second video "https//youtu.be/LKq25x_JFGA"

Last edited:
Did you find a drone in the woods and are trying to get it working?

No. It never crashed. I wanted to return to version 1.03.0700 to allow me more confidence in some software changes. My controller seems fine with 1.03.0700 but I never had a chance to load it on the drone. The Mavic went nuts after I told DJI Assistant 2 to restore the factory defaults. It flicks on and off on the computer in one second intervals.

Best to stick with the "factory defualts". DJI knows Best.
Try not to turn the drone off when flashing the firmware

edit: someone just helped me out, so uno karma.

Forgetting 1.03.700, DJI Assistant 2, "The Factory Defaults"?
(There are no factory defaults, only older and newer versions of firmware for the Aircraft, the Remote, and the DJI GO App)

So one thing at a time:
-Is your Mavic a Pro or Platinum?
-What happens when you turn your Mavic Aircraft and Mavic Controller on?
*If it is not responding, the lights pattern on the back will give you/us an idea of what the error
is

Last edited:
Thank you for your interest MavicFT1P. As I stated, it is a Mavic Pro. Also, DJI Assistant 2 gives you the choice of selecting the revision that you want and the bottom item is "Factory Defaults" contrary to your statement that there are no factory defaults. The proper sequence of events is to connect the drone to the computer through the usb cable. Then execute DJI Assistant 2. When it is ready, you short press and then long press the button to turn on the drone. After that sequence, the drone connects and disconnects with the computer in rapid sequence. Thank you for your interest. I hope you can help.

Someone helped me out so I will play it forward....

1- make sure the little switch above you micro SD card is turned off RC to WIFI
2- have a full battery
3- plug your mp1 into your computer
4 - open dji asst
5- turn on MP1
6- (very important) Wait .!
it will recognize mp1 might take up to 30 minutes but dji asst
will recognize your mp1
You must have the card in mp1 .! Why? Don't know but it's a must.
....cR

You shouldn't need the SD card, neither internal nor external (the one camera stuff goes onto). It appears the mavic has some undocumented recovery mode where it's going to roll back factory firmware after an upgrade fails, if it's left on for roughly 30 minutes *total* (including poweroffs). There *are* upgrade backups in the internal storage after all. I've seen people report similar things for P4.

So yeah, just leave it on for 30-40 minutes and let it do the reconnect loop. There's an LED where the SD card slot is, it should be blinking red at roughly 2 second interval. Just let it do the thing, after roughly 30 minutes it should turn green and the AC will boot up.

Try that before sending it to DJI.

Anybody? Mavic pro platinum, same story, only I didn't do anything, just turned it on the other day, no connecting, no binding, rapid yellow blinking at rear beacon, solid red light next to sd card.
13in into my test of leaving it on for 30-40 min......

Mine just keeps connecting and disconnecting from the computer for some reason. Happens on two different computers (Win 7 & Win 10). There’s just no response on my MBP2020

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada