DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would FCC mode boost range on Googles RE and Mavic 2?

Macabre

Reactions
I'm having the low range issue with Racing Edition and Mavic 2 and thinking about getting nolimitdronez firmware to enable FCC in Europe which supposedly boosts range on the drone.
Would this help with Racing Edition goggles as well?

The issue with the goggles is not power-related, it's more of an independent protocol/timing problem.
But have you updated your firmware? M2 .400 has solved the issue for many. Seems the RC firmware might be the key so you might not even need to update the aircraft.

Reactions: brett8883
The issue with the goggles is not power-related, it's more of an independent protocol/timing problem.
But have you updated your firmware? M2 .400 has solved the issue for many. Seems the RC firmware might be the key so you might not even need to update the aircraft.

No .400 didn't solve the issue. I'm still getting disconnects when I go as far as 800m.

No .400 didn't solve the issue. I'm still getting disconnects when I go as far as 800m.
try a different controller. my feeling is.... with some versions of the Mavic 2 Standard controller... the firmware update has little to no effect on the range. (many report the range issue goes away when upgrading to the Smart Controller)

many report the range issue goes away when upgrading to the Smart Controller. So the version/build date of the regular controller could be a factor.

That is most likely becasue the smart controller came out with the firmware that later got released as 400 for the normal controller.
I have one of the first M2s and controller and the update did it for me.

If it doesn't you should contact DJI support and refer them to the whole thread on the DJI forums about the issue, they've had people ship back their goggles for replacement.

That is most likely becasue the smart controller came out with the firmware that later got released as 400 for the normal controller.
I have one of the first M2s and controller and the update did it for me.

If it doesn't you should contact DJI support and refer them to the whole thread on the DJI forums about the issue, they've had people ship back their goggles for replacement.

More proof the more recent build dates of the Regular/Standard Mavic 2 Controller are the main cause of the range issue when using the RE Goggles. I rest my case!

More proof the more recent build dates of the Regular/Standard Mavic 2 Controller are the main cause of the range issue when using the RE Goggles. I rest my case!

Thanks for all the replies, but buying the smart controller to fix Goggles is not a solution and I'm not going to shell out €650 for something that should work out of the box. Or at least with an update (which I have).
Especially considering that I'm not interested at all in the smart controller as I own a good phone (which is both brighter and bigger than smart controllers screen), a tablet and now Goggles.

I will do some more testing and if it doesn't work as advertised, I'm going to contact DJI for a replacement/reparation.

Last edited:
DJI have been asking anyone who complains about the issue to send their goggles for replacememt, and it seems to work. Just check out that thread.

I'm having the low range issue with Racing Edition and Mavic 2 and thinking about getting nolimitdronez firmware to enable FCC in Europe which supposedly boosts range on the drone.
Would this help with Racing Edition goggles as well?
Hi,
I have the same problem with DJI goggles RE, at a distance of DJI Mavic 2 pro from the starting point approx. 1000m me image freezes (of course direct visibility). The solution is that I connected the goggles to a tablet that has HDMI output, but I do not like this solution. How did you solve this?
Thank you.

Hello,
I bought you a license for my drone.
I had FW v.1.00.0400 so I connected the drone to NLDapp.exe. I did FIXED FCC mode and Signal boost NLD_FCC_signal_boost.jpg
I started the remote control and drone and in DJI GO v.4.3.25 I showed me the FCC modeFCC_mode_remote_controller.jpg.
I connected my DJI goggles RE and the CE mode was displayed in the Wireless setting in goggles CE_norme_goggles_RE.jpg
My question: why do I see the CE standard in my DJI RE goggles?
Thank you.

Attachments

• NLD_FCC_signal_boost.jpg
    NLD_FCC_signal_boost.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 14
I didn’t have any luck with dji googles re or standard. Even with newer firmware using standard rc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karthikeyan103