DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would Gimble repair also solve sensor errors?

BadWolf

Reactions
89EFD736-059C-4FF2-AD9C-9FA679468027.png
Hi all! I inherited a Mavic Pro that flies fine but has gimble issues. I am considering sending it to DJI for repair if a gimble repair might also clear the sensor issues.
Does anyone know if the issues with the sensors are possibly caused by the gimble or am I looking at multiple repairs?

(I have tried all resets and recalibrations) thanks for any advice!

Check DJI support for repair costs; there should be some details. Then, send it to DJI for repair. You will get an estimate which you do not need to accept the repair option but you may need to pay return shipping.
Opting for repair you may even get a replacement drone.

Reactions: BadWolf
Check DJI support for repair costs; there should be some details. Then, send it to DJI for repair. You will get an estimate which you do not need to accept the repair option but you may need to pay return shipping.
Opting for repair you may even get a replacement drone.
I think this is a great idea. Worst case scenario I am out shipping. I was up for trying to do a gimble repair but not sensors. I will see what DJI says.

It's possible you didn't plug everything back onto your board. Forward and gimbal plugs into the same board.

Reactions: BadWolf
Often DJI repair is really surprisingly low cost.

They'll have it open, so fixing a sensor problem same time isn't like double cost.
As said, they may well just diagnose, cost up, and shelve yours for later repair, and send you a refurb aircraft.
Easy then to re pair it with the controller and away you go.

They should tell you what to include with it, but if no advice received, I'd send with battery, props, and microSD taken out, leave the gimbal clamp and cover fitted.

Reactions: Gagey52 and BadWolf
Often DJI repair is really surprisingly low cost.

They'll have it open, so fixing a sensor problem same time isn't like double cost.
As said, they may well just diagnose, cost up, and shelve yours for later repair, and send you a refurb aircraft.
Easy then to re pair it with the controller and away you go.

They should tell you what to include with it, but if no advice received, I'd send with battery, props, and microSD taken out, leave the gimbal clamp and cover fitted.
I am taking your advice and will let you know the result!

Thank you everyone! It required two components and the repair was very reasonable! I really appreciate the advice to sent it to DJI!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143