DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would like Mavic, but no dealer near me?

ronheater70

Reactions
I live in Greensboro NC, I am looking at purchasing a Typhoon H pro, simply because it is available at a shop near me. After research I think the Mavic Pro is the way to go, BUT, being completely ignorant with Drone, I feel more comfy having the dealer support near me. I have researched various drones off and on for about 4 months and was pretty set on the Typhoon H, but Im looking at taking it with me on a flight to the UP in september and I feel the Mavic would be easier to get into carry on etc. Is there anyone near me, or a shop within 40 miles or so that I can utilize if purchase one? I know online support is helpful, Thanks!

Reactions: Wipster
You can find a list of authorized DJI dealers here.

DJI provides service and support directly, there is typically not much to gain by purchasing from B&M stores except higher prices.

I suppose the other issue is actually learning how to fly it, someone who knows what they are doing would be very beneficial!

I suppose I could look online, but really Im nervous about the learning curve! Thanks for the suggestions!

B&H Photo. In stock, ship tomorrow. They have a good return policy if there is a problem. There are probably other dealers near you, just ensure that they have a good return policy. I would not order direct from DJI. The pricing is the same and they have a history of putting the single order at the bottom of the stack.

Don't worry about the learning curve. The MPP is a very stable craft. Read the manual, tape some ribbon to your gimbal lock so you don't forget to remove it, register with DJI and update firmware if it suggest to, make sure everything is charged up, take it to an open field and fly it. Once you have verified that the home point has been recorded and the return height is set properly, I wouldn't even look at the display. Just keep it close and fly around to get the feel of the controls. Once you are comfortable flying then explore the app and what it offers.

I found this video helpful:

Welcome and have fun!

Best buy is a great store to buy from. Plus if for some reason you need a repair done or assistants in any way they will help you get the job done. As for learning how to fly. Watch plenty of videos, use the Simulator DJI included with the Mavic Pro. This Drone will almost fly itself. Take small steps and you'll be flying it with out knees knocking in no time. Amazon is also another great place to buy from. Unless you need or want the 1/2 hour flight time check the Mavic Air out too. It has more sensors and might help keep you from crashing into something when flying backwards.

Reactions: Chirp
Amazon, especially when they offer 12 months interest free.....

I second this, plus 30 day returns. Bought a Spark from them and returned it on like the 25th day, no questions asked. As soon as they saw that I dropped it off at the UPS store they credited my account. I then used that credit get my Air. So if they happen to announce the Mavic 2 a few weeks after you get your Mavic you'll still have the option to return it for an upgrade.

The smartest thing I did after crashing my Phantom was buy a cheap (less than $100) and learn to fly it in my living room and then go back to flying the more expensive bird. Using sticks to control flying was not something I grew up with so I had to learn that aspect with trial and error. Trial and error is an expensive way to learn on a Mavic.

B+H, Adorama had the best Black Friday deals, I think I got a break on DJI Care at that time.

O.k so whats the differences between the phantom 4 and mavic? The Phantom 4 seems to mirror the look of the typhoon, But does it have any kind of real sense obstacle avoidance , does the Mavic for that matter?

I had no idea I could get one from best buy..

I do appreciate the help fella's. this is going to be primarily used for family functions, camping trips, fishing, etc!

Does it store the images to a card? Can I send the images to myself or do I physically have to insert the card into my pc?

O.k so whats the differences between the phantom 4 and mavic? The Phantom 4 seems to mirror the look of the typhoon, But does it have any kind of real sense obstacle avoidance , does the Mavic for that matter?

I had no idea I could get one from best buy..

I do appreciate the help fella's. this is going to be primarily used for family functions, camping trips, fishing, etc!

Does it store the images to a card? Can I send the images to myself or do I physically have to insert the card into my pc?

DJI Mavic Pro VS Phantom 4 Pro: Which Drone Is Better? | MyFirstDrone

So the flymore combo seems like it has everything I need to get started.. multiple batteries, controller, etc.. would I need anything other than this combo to get going for now? (im looking at best buy)

So the flymore combo seems like it has everything I need to get started.. multiple batteries, controller, etc.. would I need anything other than this combo to get going for now? (im looking at best buy)
The Fly More Combo is a good start for most people. As for other accessories you might need, here are some other things you might need:
  • Lens Pen (to easily clean the camera or ND filters)
  • Case (check out the Go Professional hard case or others here)
  • Extra Memory Card (find commonly used memory cards here)
  • Memory Card Reader (to easily transfer photos/videos from memory card to a computer)
  • ND Camera Filters (find a list of good brands to use here)
  • Toolkit (in case you need to disassemble anything)
  • Combined Gimbal Lock & Cover (the OEM cover has weak tabs that eventually break off)
  • Compatible Phone/Tablet to Fly (see a list of commonly used phones/tablets here)
  • Extended Landing Gear (in case you need more clearance between the camera & ground)

Last edited:
does anyone consider the fact the camera does not rotate to be a limiting factor compared to other drones like the H etc that do rotate?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000