DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would, Litchi solve this problem ?

Cw4bray

Reactions
MM.... Using iOS tablet and not connected to the internet - without network. , in a DJI blue unlock zone. SFC based class echo. KATY.. LAANC approved up to 100' with an android phone connected to network but not to the controller. Unable to take off with out unplugging the iPad. Was not altitude limited at this point !!! I climbed to 30' recorded video but obviously couldn't monitor recording or other telemetry. Plugged in the tablet during flight, it instantly autolanded and wouldn't abort the autolanding. Fly app. had an update pending on app. store. I was connected to a throttled WiFi that was so slow, .. it wouldn't download the fly app. update, during a 45 min. attempt.. DJI would not allow dji unlock blue zone from any type of mobile device.
Would, Litchi solve this problem ? Thanks for your answer.

Last edited:
MM.... Using iOS tablet and not connected to the internet - without network. , in a DJI blue unlock zone. SFC based class echo. KATY.. LAANC approved up to 100' with an android phone connected to network but not to the controller. Unable to take off with out unplugging the iPad. Was not altitude limited at this point !!! I climbed to 30' recorded video but obviously couldn't monitor recording or other telemetry. Plugged in the tablet during flight, it instantly autolanded and wouldn't abort the autolanding. Fly app. had an update pending on app. store. I was connected to a throttled WiFi that was so slow, .. it wouldn't download the fly app. update, during a 45 min. attempt.. DJI would not allow dji unlock blue zone from any type of mobile device.
No. The locking is done on the aircraft.

No. The locking is done on the aircraft.
Can you please elaborate ? Does that mean, Litchi must get DJI permission to unlock from the DJI SDK ? Why was I able to takeoff without the tablet, if the locking is done on ACFT ?
I'm curious if this was a "Fly app" update issue as I suspect, because I've flown in similar types of class "E" airspace without locking problems last week.
Edit;
Unfortunately, I updated "Fly" before I could test if I was locked, from (last weeks) flight plan area.

Last edited:
Can you please elaborate ? Does that mean, Litchi must get DJI permission to unlock from the DJI SDK ? Why was I able to takeoff without the tablet, if the locking is done on ACFT ?
I'm curious if this was a "Fly app" update issue as I suspect, because I've flown in similar types of class "E" airspace without locking problems last week.
Edit;
Unfortunately, I updated "Fly" before I could test if I was locked, from (last weeks) flight plan area.
I see so your running two threads on this issue and crossing them over.
It's confusing to future readers.

All I know is that the geofencing is done on the aircraft. I only use go4 and it sends unlocks over to the ac.
I can't say for fly or Litchi but no doubt the unlocks are encrypted and not support by the SDK, meaning it's unlikely Litchi can do that..

All I know is that the geofencing is done on the aircraft. I only use go4 and it sends unlocks over to the ac.
I can't say for fly or Litchi but no doubt the unlocks are encrypted and not support by the SDK, meaning it's unlikely Litchi can do that..

I don't know how I did that !!! Maybe I had too many windows open in the browser. New rule for me... note to self, don't post any responses with more than one window open. I didn't think that I started a thread, and was just responding to a thread on UNLock. I think I need a class on how to post !!! Here's the post That I first started and I don't know where it came from: Would, Litchi solve this problem ?
Edit:
The above link wasn't the start of this thread, so something on this web site got corrupted.
Edit, edit; This Link wasn't the start of it, so there's at least three threads on Locked airspace that I've contributed to and I thought they were all the same thread.

Last edited:
I don't know how I did that !!! Maybe I had too many windows open in the browser. New rule for me... note to self, don't post any responses with more than one window open. I didn't think that I started a thread, and was just responding to a thread on UNLock. I think I need a class on how to post !!! Here's the post That I first started and I don't know where it came from: Would, Litchi solve this problem ?
Edit:
This link wasn't the start of a thread, so something on this web site got corrupted.

No sir that was done by Admin (me). I started a new thread for your question because it was not helping the OP with their problem. Even if the problems are very similar we need to not piggy back in the middle of someone else's problem to get our own help.

Allen

This is a Mavic Mini?

It could potentially in a very narrow instance. What you are describing is what happens when an aircraft is locked by the app but not at the aircraft level. Litchis Flysafe database doesn’t get updated as quickly as DJI’s app so it’s possible Litchi would let you fly but I have no way to confirm that in this instance.

if you try it let us know. Would be interesting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore