DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would sensor stabilization work on a Mavic2?

offtheback

Reactions
I have an Olympus camera bwith sensor shift stabilization that works extremely well.Gives 5 stops leeway from the 1/focal length rule.would that work well with the gimbal?

You already get better than 5 stops from the gimbal (1/focal length for Tv). If you want longer than a second or two just take multiple exposures and align, stack and blend in post.

You already get better than 5 stops from the gimbal (1/focal length for Tv). If you want longer than a second or two just take multiple exposures and align, stack and blend in post.
Are you talking about taking multiple exposures at same shutter speed/exposure and blending to get more light in the image?

Are you talking about taking multiple exposures at same shutter speed/exposure and blending to get more light in the image?
No.... I was thinking more about motion blur.

Other drone manufacturers implement sensor shifting techniques for stabilisation. It’s questionable if it might be preferable to a stabilised gimbal and hard to know what if any improvement it might give if sensor and gimbal stabilisation were combined.

Reactions: offtheback
No.... I was thinking more about motion blur.

Other drone manufacturers implement sensor shifting techniques for stabilisation. It’s questionable if it might be preferable to a stabilised gimbal and hard to know what if any improvement it might give if sensor and gimbal stabilisation were combined.
Olympus and Panasonic have some stabilized lenses that work in tandem with the sensor stabilization that claims 6.5 stops.I don't have one of the lenses but can easily get 5 stops out of the sensor stabilization and 1 or 2 more if I brace against something.

Last edited:
Olympus and Panasonic have some stabilized lenses that work in tandem with the sensor stabilization that claims 6.5 stops.I don't have one of the lenses but can easily get 5 tops stops out of the sensor stabilization and 1 or 2 more if I brace against something.
And what is the lens alone? More than 1.5 stops is my guess- and that is simply my point. A lot of extra cost for insignificant improvement. A stabilised gimbal is almost certainly preferable to a sensor shifting implementation.

And what is the lens alone? More than 1.5 stops is my guess- and that is simply my point. A lot of extra cost for insignificant improvement. A stabilised gimbal is almost certainly preferable to a sensor shifting implementation.
Agreed.Looking for both.I love low light/night photography.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun