DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would this light work on a Mavic?

AMann

Reactions
It’s less than half a pound and has a remote control that works up to 250 feet - it would be interesting as the overhead light, or for SAR, or? On dealzone until 9 PM Pacific tonight.

Just my $0.02 but I would stick with Lume Cubes. 250W is approx 4000 lumens. For about the same price as this sale you can get 2 Lume Cubes with mounts designed for your bird and get 3000 lumens out of them. 2 cubes with mounts weigh 8-9 ounces. I have them and love them. I use them at half power on both and they light up anything around.

Newbie here, are these lights to make seeing your drone easier because I keep losing mine

Newbie here, are these lights to make seeing your drone easier because I keep losing mine
Bit of an overkill for that, you probably need some lightweight strobes.

That is one use, the other is for area illumination for whatever reason. I use PGYTECH "landing lights" on my Mavic for front position lights - they are visible for well over a mile at night. Lume cubes are more for area illumination. The spotlight on the M2 Enterprise is SUPER bright. Anyway, there's a lot of options out there depending on your use.

Just so you know, most lights do really nothing in daylight to help you keep your Mavic in VLOS. Twilight and after dark they can help you keep VLOS for 3+ miles, depending on type, color, and placement. Feel free to ask specifics.

Reactions: wendyc
It looks interesting, but that 1/2 pound is going to cost quite a bit of flight time.

It looks interesting, but that 1/2 pound is going to cost quite a bit of flight time.

I was thinking of using it for photographing pictographs on cliffs, some of the shadows are very dark.
I like the fact that it was remote control so I can turn it on and off, but you guys are right it’s probably too heavy. Will have to look for something a little smaller.

Too bad the Mavic camera doesn’t have a flash sync output, that would be sweet. I could probably make up a forward floodlight controller that is controlled by the landing lights.

For record, I get 18-20 minutes of flight time with Lume Cubes attached. I normally land with 25-30% battery left. They will definitely light up whatever you need. They are Bluetooth controlled so depending on how close you are, you can set them to 10 different brightness levels, constant on, or strobe.

For record, I get 18-20 minutes of flight time with Lume Cubes attached. I normally land with 25-30% battery left. They will definitely light up whatever you need. They are Bluetooth controlled so depending on how close you are, you can set them to 10 different brightness levels, constant on, or strobe.

The lumacubes knock your flight time down that much? What’s your flight time without the lumacubes mounted?

The lumacubes knock your flight time down that much? What’s your flight time without the lumacubes mounted?

I normally land with 25-30% battery left so flight time are normally 22-23 minutes without them. I have an MP1. I get about 26 if I push the batteries to 5-10% left.

It’s less than half a pound and has a remote control that works up to 250 feet - it would be interesting as the overhead light, or for SAR, or? On dealzone until 9 PM Pacific tonight.

Imagine the lost flight time and wind resistance.

That is one use, the other is for area illumination for whatever reason. I use PGYTECH "landing lights" on my Mavic for front position lights - they are visible for well over a mile at night. Lume cubes are more for area illumination. The spotlight on the M2 Enterprise is SUPER bright. Anyway, there's a lot of options out there depending on your use.

Just so you know, most lights do really nothing in daylight to help you keep your Mavic in VLOS. Twilight and after dark they can help you keep VLOS for 3+ miles, depending on type, color, and placement. Feel free to ask specifics.
Nothing at all? What about the strobes the guys are talking about ^^. And why do they look so funny, the lights, as if tiny motherboards?? Sorry if I am being thick and thanks all for the info above

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929