DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would you fly and film below -10 Degree celcius?

Manny T

Reactions
The beast from the east have caused chaos recently, and it's back again to consumed Britain. And it came with purposes.
Here, a short full film shot from a day trip out shooting.

So as usual, comment and let me know your thoughts, CC welcomed and if you like the video, please do press the like button and if you want to see more hit the subcribe button. Enjoy!

I have flown in sub-zero temps (imperial) with no real issues other than shorter battery times. Keep the batteries warm until use.

Reactions: Manny T
The beast from the east have caused chaos recently, and it's back again to consumed Britain. And it came with purposes.

So as usual, comment and let me know your thoughts, CC welcomed and if you like the video, please do press the like button and if you want to see more hit the subcribe button. Enjoy!

Yeah man, just try to let the batteries warm up first and you'll be fine.

Wear gloves with the index fingertips cut off, to work your screen. I flew recently in 15°F (-9°C), and the worst part was my freezing hands - I mean really freezing. You can't use a touchscreen with gloves on - so I ordered these, and will be cutting a little bit off of the index fingers.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06W2JYY2Q

I have flown in sub-zero temps (imperial) with no real issues other than shorter battery times. Keep the batteries warm until use.
hmm why did you have shorter battery times? I am going to guess that it's because the mavic has to work harder to warm up the battery?

hmm why did you have shorter battery times? I am going to guess that it's because the mavic has to work harder to warm up the battery?

Have a look at this, i was going to explain but thought it would be better to send something that someone has spent some time on! :p

Why Batteries Die When It's Cold

Wear gloves with the index fingertips cut off, to work your screen. I flew recently in 15°F (-9°C), and the worst part was my freezing hands - I mean really freezing. You can't use a touchscreen with gloves on - so I ordered these, and will be cutting a little bit off of the index fingers.

Woah... seriously? I've been looking for something like this for a long time. That price, that is. If I only had those today...

hmm, that is actually a good idea, i might try that. for me the worst part is when it's also windy, it absolutely kills the mood off from flying.

Reactions: Qoncussion

WOW. Love this video. You have edited it superbly and the sound track just adds the finishing touch. Very talented. Thank you so much for sharing

BTW - Superb video!

I’m in Canada. In winter I routinely fly my Mavic down to -15 C. without any issues at all. No doubt that it can go lower, but I don’t care for exploring to find the breaking point.

Reactions: Domino and Manny T
I have flown in -28c here. Drone did fantastic I was cold...

Reactions: Manny T and ceirsik
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ENJOYBIKE